1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

The left eating their own again...

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think Obama referred to it as a circular firing squad.... dude knows identity politics is a death spiral. He got his though and can sit back eating pineapple in Hawaii all he wants.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Say it isn’t so Joe.

4. biff17

biff17 Member

Somebody has a new best friend.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

And then there’s this

Please for gods sake Joe just throw in the towel already.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Trump is already calling Joe "senile". There will be no personal mercy from Trump.

mick fry likes this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I've liked Biden since he first ran in the 80's and he's always been a gaffe machine but geez...

That said, Biden with Alzheimer would be better than Donald Dip$hit.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Biden has been highly prone to gaffs way before he was near Alzheimer’s. It’s also a dumb strategy to have your central message be about how Biden is too old and not mentally sharp enough when you all that strategy does is highlight how 70+ year old Trump looks one McNugget away from a stroke and bring up moments like “Covfefe”.

It’s like going after someone for infidelities when you are accused of rape.... oh wait... yeah that too.

If Trump really cared about winning more than just sport trolling for fun, he’d just talk about the economy and Gorsuch/Judges. Fortunately for the Dems, he values being a racist douche clown more than governing/campaigning. He might still beat Biden by beating him up and hoping he goes in the mud down to his level sure, but it makes a general election vs Biden much more risky. Especially since it’ll be Biden’s VP pick, Obama, and the rest of the Dem party all gunning to get Biden elected instead of just Biden being the primary spokesperson for his campaign now. If Biden can get through to the primary, he can stand behind a pretty large support system of surrogates.

#349 dobro1229, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

I think with Biden’s VP pick (assuming he wins of course) there will be a general thought that much like with McCain, he needs to be paired with someone who can provide a lot of news worthy coverage but in a good way this time, and not with a race baiting moron way like Palin.

Stacy Abrams would seem to be an obvious choice, but she might not break through with news cycle driven content. Michelle Obama would be the dream pick if Biden could talk her into it. Given the seriousness of this election, you have to wonder if she can actually be persuaded.

Republicans who still are with Trump would crap their pants if she was announced.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Harris would have been the best fall back pick if not for busing and either her or Biden risking looking hypocritical or cynical. Beto O' Rourke, Julian Castro, Tulsi Gabbard or Cory Booker are the right choices if only to tee them up for 2024 or 2028, Castro probably should have been the pick in '16.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed, but he may not be electable if he makes too many mistakes.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Joe oh Joe, make it stop.

16. dobro1229

Biden gaffs are gong to continue to be a thing, but the fact is regardless Dem voters will continue to know where his heart is on the issues. Biden gaffs never come off as deceptive or as lies. He’s just a clumsy speaker but always has a way about him that is well meaning.

The truth is if you look at the critiques from the gaffs, it’s obvious right away what the motives are of those being critical. But name me one person who is a voter for Biden before a gaff and the after a gaff says... “you know what... that’s too much... I think I’ll vote for Trump now.” That voter doesn’t exist.

Still... I do think Biden is a riskier candidate at the top of the ticket than one might think. The safe bet candidates like Kerry, Romney, etc. just never really win it seems. Dems should vote in the primary for who they like instead of the supposed safe bet.

biff17 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a sad state that these might be our choices...

In a Trump world though gaffes might actually lead to more support..

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think the right should take it easy on Biden and hope he wins the primary. Contrary to the polls, i dont think he can oust orange dude bad.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Good thing that's not Trump's style. Biden needs to throw in the towel before the end of the year to make way for the real candidates, honestly he should have never ran to begin with.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't care for Biden, but who cares? I was expecting a lie, not him confusing one soldier's heroism with another.