1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Indians @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 18, 2018.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Using pythagorean method to estimate wins yields an Astros win total of 40 games out of 48 normal sequencing. BaseRuns gives Astros a -4 wins for sequencing. 40- 4 is 36 wins. 36 wins out of 48 games projected for 162 games is 121.5 wins. Closer than I expected, but still greater than 120 win pace.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They have said many things.

Dont have a problem with them saying/hoping the offense will come around.

I would have a problem if they said we had the best offense in the league right now, but just a few things need to be fixed first.

We are what we are. No fear here in saying it.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Whoops. I misread what you wrote. I thought you implied it would be much less than 120, so I was erring on the safe side.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Oh good, another off day for Rockets-Astros while Thursday features another simultaneous.

Glad we're somewhat turning the offense around at home. Kemp has helped and Gattis is un-sucking.

Good series win. CLE's home rematch next up.

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im hoping JD Davis settles into the DH role and rakes for the rest of the year.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. HTown2017Champs

This! I'm a big fan of his, and believe he should have a role with the team long-term. I think he and Gurriel should should share 1B and DH, rather than be just DH.