1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Jeff Bzdelik Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 6, 2018.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Our team defense is pathetic. On a nightly basis guys nobody ever heard of have career nights against us. Morey added several defensive minded players this year yet we look as mediocre on D as last year for several weeks now. I’m not seeing Bzdelik’s so-called expertise.

Edit w/ my solutions: sign DeAndre Liggins FAST. And make deadline deal for a defensive-minded & skilled PF/C that can backup AND play WITH Capela if necessary. OR go all in on both DeAndre’s.

#1 RocketsTerps, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    aroundtheblock2 and D-rock like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Feels like Black is always lost out there on defense. Is his BBIQ just that low or is Bzdelik not doing 1on1 coaching with Black.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Harden's golden age is leaking by stupid Morey and his group
    It's time to fire Morey

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

To be honest it doesn't look like he has implemented anything on the defensive side of the ball.

We too often see someone make a stupid decision which compromises the entire defense. Over and over again.

If someone was a defensive coordinator they should be hammering home those mistakes.

That doesn't seem to be happening.

IvanLCPM, OTMax, saleem and 3 others like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Needs defensive improvement, hires Mike D'Antoni.

And all you naysayers out there, which there are a lot of you, concerning defense, we interviewed Jeff Bzdelik for 3 hours in Cleveland. Daryl & I were never so impressed with his knowledge, ability, how he interacts with players, his preciseness, his videos, all his information was just an unbelievable experience. Last year, his defense was 3rd in the NBA. - Les
    [​IMG]

I know a big thing on people's mind is defense. Jeff Bzdelik will be my defensive guy. I know the final responsibility will end up on my doorstep but actually if the defense isn't any good, it's his fault. He'll do an unbelievable job. - Mike

[​IMG]

@Snow Villiers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea. . . there are somethings you cannot blame on Morey
    That said . . . .we are missing Luc and HArden
    He has been working peicemeal this season

Rocket River

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

8. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The Spurs were missing Kawhi for how long? They never fell out of top 5 on defense. For several weeks now we’ve been bottom 5 literally.

da_juice likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

lw17, J.R. and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I hire samuel L Jackson to run the defense.. We need alittle roughness in the lockerroom.. Plus now we AC green we can win a ring.

[​IMG]

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who is their coach??? I heard something about him being kind of good

Rocket River

12. Mr. Space City

i doesn't matter who the assistant coach is when the head coach doesn't prioritize defense.

luc mbah a moute aint draymond green. the defense shouldn't fall off a cliff this bad without him.

cheke64, Mathloom, OTMax and 4 others like this.
  13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Exactly the point of a fire the bad coach thread.

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

If you think its the coach you have no idea what your talking about. plain and simple.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's not the personel or the defensive coach . We aren't a particularly athletic team to begin with ... Which is OK if your guys are rested so they can hustle .

It's the energy right now . I blame MDA for running us into the ground

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

It’s a combination. We came into the year saying we wanted to be a top 5 defense. Morey added defenders... we lose Luc Mbah a Moute and our defense is a layup line? Boston and OKC have top 5 defenses despite overhauling their core. The Spurs never leave the top 5 on defense despite having the best defender in the league out. We are getting beat by The Who He Play For All-Stars on a regular now - Tyler Ennis and Corey Brewer... Buycks, Bullock, Moreland and Ish Smith...

HakeemOnlyFan and Beardaholic13 like this.
  17. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

There is 2 reasons for this other than ryan anderson.
    1. VERY low IQ from every player we have on defense except for CP and to a lesser extent Ariza.
    2.Incredible lack of help defense. and it keeps getting worse as games keep going. ( I think its because frustration grows and they just start not playing as a team.)

I do liek your spurs comparison though because that is puzzling. They just seem to work work work, iam not sure we have that type of dog in us yet.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If there was ever a time for NFL D-Coordinators to cross over into the NBA, this is it!

19. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

we dont have enough dogs in our team. some think we're good enough to halfas games. our offense, has become predictable as well. our team needs a good kick in the butt, we are just too passive and no energy.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Package him with Ryno