1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously. When I was supporting Warren I ignored these giant red flags of how hopelessly out of touch and how bad are her political instincts to publicize a ****ing dna test to show she's at most 1/64th Native American as evidence for her life long claims of being native American.

Seriously, who is dumb enough to do that? If you wanted to show a dna dest to prove to the media that you are actually Native American and the test results show that you are 1/1024th Native American, any rational person wouldn't publicize that test because they know that would fail horribly in the media.

#1441 fchowd0311, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think there is a more than decent chance she is a fraud. She was a Republican at whatever point years ago. She is intelligent. So she not only switched but she saw an opening to stand out from the crowd by adopting some populist policies. I may be wrong but there is some truth in that. I hope she only makes it for a state or two and then drops out. Bernie and Andrew Yang would make me happy. To see them both debate against Trump and Pence is a dream of mine right up there somewhere with Natalie Portman and I hanging out in my bed doing stufff

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still like Warren for her ideas to rein in Wall Street. She's a book smart person that can tackle on a book smart industry. The M4A debacle was disappointing but she could recover if she spent good energy on it.

The "folksy" aspect has always been a problem and is going downhill.

rn Trump's "authenticity" is much higher than hers... even if people could trust her more than him.

A weird yet human nugget of tribal politics.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Liz needs a new red sweater.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

If you see earlier vids of Warren she seemed so subdued the minute she joins the race it’s like she’s always hopped up on something. Michelob Ultra?

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this helps her. But politically, her campaign was somewhat taking a dive and so it's not a *crazy* move to do something drastic. The gamble is logical to me, although as I said, it might not work out. I don't have a problem with her making this move. Maybe that's because I never saw her as anywhere close to being a Yang type of candidate (outside of him, they all go low, it's just a matter of how low they would go and how good they are at hiding it). And maybe because I also expected her to be willing to play the cards - some are too afraid to do so.

I don't see this being harmful to the DEM like some think. In fact, the earlier these types of things get played, the better - it's better to see as much of these played out in the primaries. At the end of the day, when it's down to the DEM candidate vs Trump, partisanship will rule. Deflection won't happen as long as the losers move on (not a repeat of Bernie in 2016 - and IMO, he won't get the chance to this time).

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. She seems prone to political stunts. Recall her announcement entering the race was done in her kitchen with her drinking a beer, and telling everyone she was, with her husband. I thought she was dead then but to her credit she fought back and took the lead. Now that her race is faltering this seems like another political stunt.

Personally for me I have a hard time believing that Sanders said that, and as Glynch can tell you I'm no fan of Sanders. Also if he told her this in 2018 why bring it out now?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Liz, baby... wyd?

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bernie Sanders kamikaze move

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good question.

mick fry and HTM like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It took me a while to see it but Warren does come off as condescending.

mick fry likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sounds a lot like my situation .... socially liberal , fiscally conservative .... people like us really don't have a party , we're stuck picking between wingnuts on both sides that refuse to apply common sense or compromise.

I like that term socially tolerant , really does describe my social approach .... if it doesn't affect me what's to get upset about ?!

da_juice likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In that case , I'd like my tuition back too ....

TheresTheDagger and mick fry like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, I think it's a stupid question. The reason some people are having trouble paying their money back isn't always simply because they didn't save as well the next guy or didn't work hard enough. It doesn't work like that, not all jobs pay equal salary, not all families have the same needs for spending.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

what a legit and sincere democratic primary voter seeking substantive dialogue.
    [borat]... ... ... NAHT! [/borat]

Corrosion and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

Maybe the dude was a plant but it’s still a very pertinent question and something that these candidates haven’t broached at all as far as I can tell.

Wiping out loans for current debt holders only is going to be extremely controversial and will generate massive amounts of ill will from people who busted their asses to pay their debt back only for others to receive that benefit for free.

mick fry, jiggyfly, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ain’t happening. Just a primary season fantasy also used as nightmare to further stoke conservative base. Rinse and repeat.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

Well Bernie and Warren are both campaigning on it and acting as if they can do it via executive order so it’s a fair concern for people.

jiggyfly likes this.