1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

Like I said, it doesn’t matter. The public is too skeptical of the government getting such a massive undertaking right.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

dachuda86 and FrontRunner like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

She should have offered free beer! Honest suggestion. Hell even dollar beer to watch the insane left throw questions as her shaky voice spouts bullshit.

[​IMG]

#1125 dachuda86, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Warren says Medicare for all means Medicare for ALL, regardless of immigration status. That should play pretty well in the swing states

B-Bob likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, visitors to countries with universal healthcare who need healthcare in those nations get to partake. It's fair.

Deckard and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Major

Major Member

That's not true. You can't just go visit Canada and get free healthcare.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know Canada, but in UK it does for emergency care, not for regular doctor.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I'm not sure i'm on board with this Medicare for all...

I want a insurance where all are covered.. Shouldn't matter if you have a predefined illness...

T_Man

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Exactly. What?

jcf likes this.
  12. CometsWin

Waiting for immigration flunkies to tell us that illegals pay sales taxes and that pays for Medicare.

Bad position for Warren.

I'd like someone to ask Warren how much more in taxes I'm going to pay so 12 million illegals can have free health care.

#1132 CometsWin, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can you imagine if Liz was team mom for your kid's soccer team ... I've got a plan for that!

B-Bob likes this.
  14. CometsWin

I'd be happy to hear it.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It is true. Most of my family and I were all the benefactors of this fact while on vacation when I was a teen. It may not be true of all places. Furthermore in the UK, if you need a procedure but there aren't physicians available they will transport you to another nation where there is availability. So those UK citizens or getting treatment in a nation of which they aren't citizens either.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not a Medicare-for-all supporter; however, every tax paying citizen is already paying for illegal aliens and everyone else without healthcare via the emergency room system. Unless doctors change the hippocratic oath in the US, there will always be a financial burden. I have no idea whether Medicare-for-all will make it more costly or less costly in the long run when everything is accounted for. It's very difficult to accurately predict.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  17. CometsWin

Yes, true. It's a big reason I'm against the Democratic positions on immigration. I don't want the taxes of Americans going toward subsidizing an enormous illegal population. Taking the further step of giving illegals complete health care coverage is a no go for me.

Senator likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

It's not, though.

Canada:

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/health-insurance-travel-canada-18318.html

Canada has a public health care system called Medicare. It offers free essential medical services for all Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not eligible for Medicare, you will have to pay out of pocket for all medical expenses unless you have purchased traveler's health insurance.

UK:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nh...ngland/how-to-access-nhs-services-in-england/

Hospital treatment is free to people who are "ordinarily resident" in the UK.

To be considered ordinarily resident and entitled to free hospital treatment, you must be living in the UK on a lawful and properly settled basis for the time being. You may be asked to prove this.

If you're visiting England from a country outside of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland for less than 6 months, you need to ensure you're covered for healthcare through personal medical insurance during your visit, even if you're a former UK resident.

If you need NHS hospital treatment, you will be charged at 150% of the national NHS rate if you are a national of a country outside of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.

jiggyfly and jcf like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kate is ****ing brilliant. I've watched that 3 times. Laugh every time. :cool:

B-Bob likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It is true. When my family and I were in an auto accident in New Zealand when I was a teen in which my uncle stayed in the hospital for weeks, we were amazed to have to pay only a very small amount because of their healthcare system.