1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

How big was Trump's inauguration crowd? LOL

I think America will have no trouble discerning who is the more trustworthy candidate. Trump lowered the bar on trustworthiness.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know we're both pretty old, my friend, but I wasn't in her school at the time her job ended. Were you? If not, you should be careful about using the word "lie." We have conflicting accounts.

This isn't, sadly, a "lie" like the president's constant lies, which can each be found with 4 seconds on wikipedia.

Again, wake me up when she gets up to 15 lies per day, on average, and I'll know we have a real contender for the completely tarnished post of chief executive.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The sanctity of the office is unimpeachable!

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

she traffics in false victimhood, using it to empower herself

falsely claims minority status to get career advancement, falsely claims she was fired to gain sympathy for political gain

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don’t care, do u?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course he doesn’t.

Those traits he is projecting onto Warren to suppress support for the political gain of Trump, are more or less actually key characteristics of Trumps campaign of grievance.

-Victimhood?? LMAO I don’t even have to explain.

- falsify racial status to advance career??
    We are talking about the Trumps who claim to be Swedish because they didn’t want to say they were German because they thought it made their properties more appealing to Jewish people in NY.

-False claims about employment- how about Trumps story about how he was a self starter with a small 1 million dollar loan that he turned into whatever he’s worth now which is debatable. When it turns out he made his money from daddy by scamming the IRS with a series of tax scams so he didn’t have to pay taxes on daddy’s money.

We all know they don’t care. Commodore is a die hard Trumper and would never vote for Warren even if his life depends on it. His opinion on her or Biden should mean squat around here.

Nook, Invisible Fan, mtbrays and 4 others like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not many people care about any of that except people who wouldn't ever vote her anyway. Independents and undecideds don't care at all.

dmoneybangbang and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That is not the general media narrative.

Why is this person stating something she heared a person representing all of mainstream media?

I have seen countless people and shows showing the glaring differences between Sanders and Warrens voters.

And nobody is propping Warren mainly because she is fresh and a women.

Its hard to take you guys seriously when you always misrepresent what mainstream media is actually doing.

"https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/embedded-video/mmvo66315333548"

Nook likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am down......she is wicked smart.....time is now.

DD

Rashmon likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Can't say I have been the biggest Warren fan, but I do like this answer (both content and the sense of humor she exhibited)...

13. dmoneybangbang

Trump the Blue Collar Billionaire!!

Trump played white male victomhood pretty well. Whining over personal responsibility.

Nook, Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    ...cause you just got burned.

FranchiseBlade and justtxyank like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does not get better than that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Thanks for posting, certainly pertinent.

I have been a critic of both Sanders and Warren.

Oddly after reading the opinion editorial twice now... it has only made my disdain for Elizabeth Warren decrease.

Very dated opinions and the citations to Friedman just make them seem more out of place. Changing the charter from a state to a federal one isn’t as big a deal as they make it out to be. Nor is including board members to represent employees.

People are sick of “business as usual”. That doesn’t mean people want changes as severe as some are expressing... but the particular horror at some of the proposed changes really makes them sound antiquated. Times change, policies change..... this isn’t the 1950’s and Milton Friedman is dead and dated.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

#Waren4NetflixStandupSpecial2020

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I think this should be her campaign song:

Amiga likes this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

Good response. But, did the guy asking the question adopt a country accent for the question?

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Jaw drop

The transformation of Elizabeth Warren

Smith, who died of complications from the polio he contracted as a child, had specifically requested that Warren speak at his funeral. But what she said inside a small campus chapel stunned her former colleagues.

With a smile on her face and humor in her voice, Warren described how Smith had invited her to his office one day just a few months after she had been hired. He shut the door and lunged for her, she said, and as she protested, he chased her around his desk before she was able to escape out the door.

“Everyone was slack-jawed,” recalled John Mixon, a retired UH professor who had been close friends with Smith and Warren. Among those listening: Smith’s ex-wife and his three adult sons.

JuanValdez and RayRay10 like this.