1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cord cutters thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Hardy Toll Road

Same here mang. If it wasn’t for the Rockets, would’ve cut cable a long time ago.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Did the same and the only issue I've had so far was yesterday's preseason game but honestly who gives a **** about that trash game.

My package right now is FuboTv and ESPN+ and I'm good to go!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Same. I found it on a stream and was disinterested halfway through the first quarter and turned it off. Fubo has all the local channels for football and then I'll use the sling login for MNF on the espn app. I signed up for espn+ assuming live sports center was aired on + but it doesn't. So I canceled, they gave the month free anyway, and I started watching the shows, they're pretty good. Plus ufc fights, when the free month is over I'm probably going to pay the $50 for the year

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How much is fubo + espn+ total per month?

How much is just fubo or espn?
    What is the coverage of rockets and texans on those? Sorry for all the kwerstions.

Im interested in nfl then switch to rockets when start unless watching both is well priced.

Anecdote- We spents hundreds a month for years and finally cut.
    I realized I dont watch much tv anyway and yet paying way less. Its weird.

If can figure this out then we are good.
    I used to have to stream if I wanted to see texans when I lived in california and it sucked. I see r/nflstreams and had no problems watching games preseason the other day on bootleg streams.

So it looks like that scene has improved.

I was in a suddenlink only location and had to do ballstreams just to get rockets.
    Now im back in civilization.
    Please help thanks

Blatz likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

Fubo is $54 a month, espn+ is $5 a month or $50 for the year. Fubo has att sports net for rox and Astros, cbs, fox, nbc and nfl net for football. No abc or espn so mnf would have to be streamed

Blatz and IBTL like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

So if want to watch texans and rockets? Not as worried about mnf

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It is just straight up $54 a month, no sports/other taxes or fees? I know it has been mentioned on here before...why I'm just now paying attention to this is a mystery. I recently had call Directv to get my bill reduced. They were able to take off $50 and I believe they also took me off a contract. If they did then I might switch over to Fubo. A smaller bill and I get my Astros and Rockets back, sounds like a winner to me. Now to see if my internet can handle it.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It sucks man.
    It is not clear. I want to watch some rockets and maybe texans and not pay ridiculous or have 900 different streaming options. Thats like having pdq compuserve AND aol

Fubu? Plus wat else?
    I be reprezentin fubu

9. Fantasma Negro

Yes, you can watch texans, rockets and astros on fubo. The texans have a Monday night game this season so you'd have to find a stream for that one game but as far as cbs fox and nbc you've got all the same football options except for mnf on espn and texans preseason games on abc13

Blatz and IBTL like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you.
    If im following you fubu is 54 a month and gives all texans and rockets except 1 mnf game texans are playing?

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If you’re in Houston, that MNF game will be on local TV. You can use an antenna to catch it. Also, the ESPN app on boxes like the AppleTV pull in a ton of content based on your internet carrier, including prime time sports if I’m not mistaken.

Blatz likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Yes

IBTL and Blatz like this.
  13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm in an area where the fastest internet is 15 Mbps. Anyone that uses FuboTv have experience using them with that speed? Their site says 10 Mbps is enough but...

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

IIRC you only need 8 mbps to stream in HD. However if you have several internet-connected devices active while you are using Fubo then that will cause a problem.

I don't know if Fubo I streams in 1080 or 720, but if you have the option, lowering it to 720 would help too.

I've never used Fubo but I assume they have a free trial. I'd check that out during preseason (or now, if you watch Stros) to see of it will suit your needs.

Lastly, it would be worth ensuring that you actually get 15 mbps when you want to stream (evenings/night). If the ISP gets heavy traffic at night it might slow you down. speedtest.net to check your actual speed.

Blatz likes this.
  15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Directv Now is deploying a $10/month price increase. I’m officially switching. Not sure to what just yet. I need Nick Jr and Disney stuff for the kids. Any streaming options out there that includes all local channels as well (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC)?

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Were you an early adopter?

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just for clarification, fubo has att sports and means I can watch rockets and astros right? I live in Houston.

I’m getting closer and closer to cutting the cord.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yes

Kam likes this.
  19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cool, I’m gonna consider ditching xfinity.

20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Disney + coming out. I think we pay like 5 bucks a month for some sort of nick jr app. It doesn't give you all the new shows though, just slowly trickles them out.

Why not ask a family or friend for their log in info and stream from that?

clutch citizen likes this.