1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 19, 2019.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

They reviewed both the fumble and recovery. The official said straight up that they were reviewing possession in the pile up. Isn’t that the very thing you said they’re not allowed to do?

red5rocket and Nimo like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If they rule a fumble they have to give a possession. They couldn't rule a fumble because possession wasn't clear. Fumbles are reviewable, recoveries not so much. There are clear defined rules to fumbles not recoveries

Edit: the example demonstrates why they don't review them

3. gucci888

If who recovered the football is not reviewable, then why would Pederson challenge the fumble to begin with?

Not sure what to say man. The official straight up said they also reviewed who recovered the ball. Whether or not there was enough evidence to overturn it is irrelevant to your point.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro you keep saying they said they reviewed both but the recovery wasn't clear. They had to to determine possession. if there was a fumble but the challenge is the fumble.
    Thats why try not to blow cause guys stop playing and things get even more unclear

They bowed out of a clear fumble

They arent going to review a recovery if no one is challenging the fumble

Thats why thy they didn't last night

5. gucci888

I have literally no idea what you’re trying to say here.

They initial call was that the player was down so possession remained with Dallas. Pederson challenged the fumble because he also thought the Eagles recovered it. If that latter part is not reviewable, then there is no benefit in challenging the fumble. That’s like challenging a fumble that is clearly recovered by the offense, there’s no benefit.

Anyways I’ll leave it at that. If you want to believe that possession is not reviewable, that’s cool.

Nimo likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Every time someone challenges they want the ball. Sometimes one person is on the ball. Its clear.

The problem here isn't possession as much as they stopped play

Edit: anyway the challenge is the fumble. The Eagles cant get ball without fumble

The example demonstrates why possessions aren't challenged. Here possession wasn't unclear but because of surrounding issues like play stoppage they didn't make a ruling on clear possession negating a clear fumble

#526 pgabriel, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree. Last night was the first Texan game I have watched this season as far as I can recall. I fell asleep. Our defense's inability to stop the run was concerning. The Colts shut down our running game. Also concerning. Watson seems like he has regressed somewhat. Might be because he has been hit so many times. Hopefully they won't meet the Colts again like last year, because I doubt they can beat them again. I don't see the Texans beating any of the elite teams. Same ole, same ole.

raining threes likes this.
  8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that sucks. Seemed like a playmaker.

Uprising likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wattafan likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So are we debating if the wrong utilization of the time out was because
    that he was incompetent and couldn't get his team on the same page once more on what to do?
    Or
    that he was incompetent to use a time that allowed the refs additional time to reverse a crucial moment of the game?

Idk they both make BoB look bad regardless.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They couldn't review it. I didn't know about the Cowboy Eagles situation but im sure the Buck/Aikman broadcast team in their usual ignorance tried to make an issue of it but its different.

Who cares he used that timeout. Thats not reviewable. He had 3 timeouts

13. gucci888

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Have you ever seen a review of who recovered a fumble in and of itself?

Not part of a fumble review

They aren't reviewing wrestling over a football. Don't understand why thats hard to grasp

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have seen reviews where a receiver was ruled to have not caught a ball and the defense recovered thinking he had. The non-catch was subsequently reviewed and a catch was determined and they gave the ball to the defense. I have seen a similar call when a runner was ruled out of bounds before a fumble that the defense recovered.

What I do not remember ever seeing is a scrum situation where they try and determine who had the ball first.

pgabriel likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are just LOOKING FOR ANYTHING to b**** about O'Brien. LOL. The only reason this still a topic.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Did anyone else find it questionable by Reich to go for it on 4th down with 3 mins to go and all his timeouts last night ?

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

People on the Colts boards have issues with Reich. I thought he was PERFECT? According to @DatRocketFan, he is a GREAT coach who only makes GREAT decisions. @DatRocketFan has coach envy. You know, anytime you have any type of envy, it always looks better from afar than it is.

To quote @DatRocketFan:

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Well he lost the game last night for them because Texans couldn't stop the run and he kept trying to get cute and pass the ball when he had the lead.

Then I said to my friend and he said the same thing that they should have punted pinned us deep and got it back with 1;30 or so left with a chance to tie or win.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You remember that 4th and 3 in OT from his 40, in the first game last season (after the Texans blew a 14 point lead) and they failed to get and Watson hit Hopkins on the very next play to setup the winning FG.

Jturbofuel likes this.