1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

2. Handles

Handles Member

The only annoying thing a Yankee did was when Sanchez argued that strike 4 make up call after already whiffing his strike 3. Other than that they seemed respectable enough. Plus, I got over the Sanchez thing quickly because he played great for us :D

Yankee FANS on the other hand...

3. alethios

alethios Member

We have two walk-off HRs in one series. Is that the most by any team in a single playoff series or did any team have more walk-offs, HRs or other, in one series? I tried searching online but nothing came back.

4. SemisolidSnake

Oh, man, the feels.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fire up the [Official] WS game thread. Wheres Castor?

tochiee22 likes this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Someone else posted that it is the first time a single team had two walk off HRs

alethios likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If i was throwing out the first pitch in a game, I would go all out (probably only throw like 75 or something weak) . I never see anyone try to throw their best heater. Is it considered inappropriate?

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Some folks that throw opening pitches couldn't throw a 40mph heater. Their 32mph slider could be awesome though ;)

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Wonder if there is any chance BMac gets a coaching job with the Stros. Espada is going to be a manager elsewhere.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That makes two of us

11. plates300

plates300 Member

unreal game, unreal series. the yankees line up is no joke - they just happened to run into two of the most dominant pitchers out there today. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared when Lemahieu, Torres, and Judge were at the plate. They're a danged good team but they've invested so much money into dead weight players and Judge is due up for a payday.

12. SemisolidSnake

That's what I always thought growing up. I'd throw a proper pitch. It's probably discouraged since the catcher isn't wearing gear and may not even be a catcher. Regardless, I guarantee I'd go find a proper mound to practice on for weeks ahead of time so I didn't screw up in front of a bunch of people and cameras.

Hmm, now I'm curious how hard I can actually throw. I've made some pretty hard throws during softball from outfield and shortstop when I'm fully warmed up.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

MLB Network is airing "Path to the Championship" for the Nationals right now. The Astros episode will be on at 8pm.

Rock Block likes this.
  14. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

He'll start it tomorrow. He always starts it the first day of the series.

15. likestohypeguy

Can anyone think of what this video is, I'm never be able to find it again among all the hundreds of vids itt... Starts out with Yankees sadness, then switches to some local Houston I think music and the altuve walk off...

Long shot ik but If that vague description rings s bell it'd be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to search likes I've applied? Man I went back and watched 15 pages of vids. Must have been in a different thread. Started with Yankees feels, then electronic beat

#9215 likestohypeguy, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I did head smoltz pontificating. I think he’s referring to beating the shift in the playoffs.

I can sort of see where that would make sense. Getting on base and manufacturing runs much more impactful in these games. Not so much in the regular season or long haul where giving up outs or not playing for the big inning is avoided.

one day they’ll crack the post season/small sample size/same opponent code. But players do need to be adaptable now more than ever.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can we get a World Series thread already?

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

And that would be considered a bias.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Always thought they didn't powerup due to potential wildness.

20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Thanks, just hit record!