1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 23, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well the Astros are the best AL regular season team in the last decade or so.

Same rules don't apply. They have no reason to be so poor at home as compared to the road.

They don't seem to have that focus at home.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Happened Saturday night around Fuegos.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Man that's crazy, I figured most of the rowdy stuff was outside of Kung Fu and Concrete Cowboy. Saturday was insane.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Let's flip that. The Astros have no reason to be on pace to set the all time road winning record as they are, at best, a 95-100 win team (heaven forbid they only win 95 games or so).

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The playoffs are a whole different animal. In no scenario would I want to play a road game 7. MMP gets lit during the postseason.

6. bobrek

Astros lose - posters complain
    Astros win - posters complain
    Astros on pace to win 109 games - posters complain about home record
    Astros lose because Hinch leaves a pitcher in - posters complain
    Astros win because Hinch pulls a pitcher - posters complain
    Astros on pace to score the most runs since 2009 - posters want to change the batting order

Yaosthirdleg, Nick, MadMax and 10 others like this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. STR8Thugg

We didn't specifically win just bc Hinch pulled a pitcher yesterday. It didn't hurt that the offense put up 8 runs.

Sometimes people aren't complaining but merely making observations bc the end goal isn't to win 109 games it's to win a World Series.

Tomstro likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love this post, but I reserve the right to express the sheer terror inflicted upon me when Giles takes the mound.

10. bobrek

It certainly helped them from potentially falling further behind by pulling Martes after 63 pitches, including 3 walks and an HBP and a questionable call at the plate. The point was that it proved to be the correct decision yesterday.

Clearly the ultimate goal is to win the world series. But it is also ridiculous to complain about a .590 home winning percentage based on the fact that they have an out of this world .763 road winning percentage.

11. STR8Thugg

Agreed.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

How boring would this forum be if everyone blew smoke up each others ass and agreed that the Astros have no flaws?

Tomstro and Houstunna like this.
  13. bobrek

Every team has flaws. But scoring 5.5 runs per game is not a flaw. Winning a game helped by pulling a pitcher early is not a flaw. Winning home games at a .590 clip is not a flaw.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

You're nit picking, Nobody b****es about the 10+ run games that help average out the 2- run games that are b****ed. What about losing a game because he didn't pull a pitcher early? Winning at .590 clip at home is great but the road is much better and it should not be. You shouldn't get so offended when a fan expresses an opinion of how a team might improve even if it is misguided.

Tomstro likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So what. Don't you want something to talk about? What kind of fan board are you used to??

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This forum would suck if all anyone said was ' Astros doing great!'

mick fry, Houstunna and Tomstro like this.
  17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A board where idiotic people that make idiotic statements over and over while talking baseball, do not exist.

18. STR8Thugg

If you don't have something positive to say then don't say it at all. Otherwise you're an idiot.

Houstunna and Tomstro like this.
  19. bobrek

How am I offended? I am simply countering their argument/opinion/perspective with my argument/opinion/perspective. So, would you feel better if they were playing at a .590 clip at home and a .540 clip on the road? It is just an incredibly odd argument to me for someone to complain about a home winning percentage of .590 with the main thrust of the argument being "since they play .750+ on the road, their home record is putrid".

Concerning their run scoring, the median score for the Astros this year is 5 and if you want a decimal, it's probably around 5.3, pretty close to that 5.5 mean. And for completeness, their mode is 7. They have scored 13+ runs more times than they have scored 0 runs. They have scored 5 or more runs 46 times and 4 or less 31 times.

20. bobrek

I am fairly certain I have never called anyone an insulting name this season.