1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 23, 2017.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Peacock is just such a great piece for the pen... he's going to be in that role for the playoffs, so I think there's an argument to getting him re-acclimated.

Paulino has 2 starts before the all star break. If he pitches well, I could see keeping him in the rotation (with Keuchel, LMJ, Morton, and Fiers) and moving Peacock back to the pen. Martes probably gets one or two more starts before the break (depending on when Morton) to make a case to stay up as a reliever.

2. red

red Contributing Member

F the Mariners.

Went to the game last night with a buddy, sporting our Astros gear. My Sis, brother in law, and 2 nephews sit two rows behind us all decked out in Mariners gear. Around the 7th inning some a-hole Mariners fans start throwing popcorn at the backs of me and my friend. We don't notice it but my sister does. She and my brother in law tell them to stop. They do for a half inning and then start up again.

So my sister goes off on them again. This time I finally start to figure out what is going on. My brother in law starts going off on them. Profanities left and right.

I'm bitting my tongue and not doing anything cause 1. I called out sick to be at the game. 2. Going to paramedic school. Sitting in an interview explaining why I was involved in a brawl in the stands of a baseball game doesn't get me hired.

So things die down and the A-holes leave in the 9th, give my B in L the bird on the way out and he doesn't take too kindly to that. Follows them up the stairs and confronts them. More profanities. He's letting them know he'll settle this with them outside the stadium. Usher comes down breaks it up.

B in L now pissed at me cause I didn't have his back. I'm letting mariners.com know about my game day experience with the fam. Hopefully I can get some free tix.

That is all.

#582 red, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

4 hits -- 4 HRs

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Ok man we get it

Hinch is an idiot and pulled him too quick and that's why we lo....won

We understand

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Maybe we push Peacock to the role of what Devo is now as the long reliever and then we try Devo as a closer.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So what's up with the broadcast booth changes? Different PBP guy...isn't that the post game guy now in the booth?

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Todd Kalas will return to the booth on Tuesday.
    This roadtrip was his PTO.

Uprising likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Out of curiosity, what do y'all expect from Giles? Clearly he is no Kimbrel or Chapman or lights out Lidge nor was he expected to be. To expect perfection is a pipe dream and you will be continually disappointed. Currently he is 17/19 in save opportunities. Regardless of "cleanness" he is saving games (his job) at close to 90% effectiveness. He has also lost a game which he entered tied.

Does it really matter if fans feel confident in him as long as he gets the job done 85%+ of the time? He has bursts of spectacularness and periods of meh. Assume he goes 1/1 in save opportunities over the next 4 games. That projects out to 36/40 for the entire season regardless of the excitement he may bring. Assume all his stats remain the same (percentage wise) as well, the second half of the season.

Are you happy with his year heading into the playoffs?

kaleidosky likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Do you have the feeling I have, that the Astros are on a "roll" again? Just a feeling.

Marteen, Tomstro and Tfor3 like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That sux. B n L can't be mad at you. He should not have have gone up to confront them. So you get the bird, b f d. The problem with today's society is everyone trying to be a bad assssss rather than trying to diffuse the situation and remain calm. F the mariners and f Seattle.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I do

Orange likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would if they were staying on the road. But they're returning to MMP where they've really struggled this season.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

23-16 is struggling?

14. count_dough-ku

That ain't that good for a team with a .675 winning percentage. Granted, they're not as putrid at home as say the Twins(16-25 home, 23-9 away), but they're playing .590 ball at home and .763 on the road. That's a pretty big disparity.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

.590 is a 95 win pace. Their road record is the outlier.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That is a 95 win pace. No team has won more than 95 games since 2014 in the AL. No AL other than the Astros is projected to win 95 games this year. A cold streak that is a better pace than any other team in the AL will be for the year is still good.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But it sure isn't struggling. A .590 winning percentage would still be better than anyone else in the AL.

18. count_dough-ku

They're not unique with the home/road disparity. The aforementioned Twins are even worse as are the Indians.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I am one of those calm members of society for the most part.

My buddy got sucker punched on Washington Saturday night. I calmly rear naked the aggressor in to a slight slumber. It was rather pleasant.

I guess prior security work at some bars in the hey days will teach you some things. It was more a reminder of why I stopped going out to midtown.

Tfor3 and Tomstro like this.
  20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Where were you at on Washington. I live next to Clutch and Kung Fu/concrete cowboy. At lunch time I watched a big shirtless dude getting tazed in the parking lot of porch swing pub, wish I knew what was happening there.