1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Athletics

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 12, 2018.

1. SemisolidSnake

Gattis is making a damn good case for himself. And the way Kemp in playing on both sides of the field, I'm thoroughly happy with a permanent outfield of Kemp, Springer, and Reddick. Focus on trading Marisnick and getting relievers.

houstonstime and everyday eddie like this.
  2. htownbball

htownbball Member

The issue with Giles is that he can never hit his spots, he just throws strikes. Several times last night, McCann wanted to blow away hitters with a fastball up in the zone, and Giles couldn't do it. He's also terrible at moving the ball in and out and painting the corners. Very frustrating how he hasn't learned to pitch yet, but knows how to throw strikes.

Tomstro likes this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So thats always fun. Going back and correcting people after the fact. Fun stuff.

Stupid is giving everyone 5 seconds to get their Giles comments in or they aren’t valid for some reason. Let people be themselves and just laugh it off if they make fun of your boyfriend and it hurts a little.

I will never understand ones need to police a message board. I mean, I get what the mods do but poster police are a weird phenomenon in the the message board world. Every message board has a few of them. What really escapes me is the police types who want the board to be all pollyanna all the time. I try to stay in the middle. I do call out players and decisions but I also give praise too.

When I was 13, and Dave Smith gave up that home run to Dykstra, I lost my ****. I mean I went psycho for a minute. I still loved my astros even though I hated that day and of course Dave Smith. It happens.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What's weak is making the negative comments and then claiming it's been "good luck" and taking implied credit. So, when Giles is successful it's good luck, when he fails, it's "see I told you". Covered either way. So far, in situations that have mattered, it's 11 "good luck" outcomes and 2 "I told you so" outcomes.

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hmmmm. I haven’t seen the “good luck” angle yet.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think this is even close to accurate... other than the fact that yes, he isn't walking anybody this year (but this wasn't always the case with him).

You also realize that when the slider is "on"... its rarely a strike.

Lastly, saying a pitcher can't "pain the corners" consistently is probably applicable to every single pitcher in baseball... including elite ones. If they could paint the corners consistently... they're HOFers.

7. bobrek

You literally just wrote this:

"I will be making Giles comments the rest of the season, whenever he is brought in. Been good luck so far (in save situations) so I am not going to stop."

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No. Wow.

I said it’s been good luck when I b**** about Giles as he comes in. I never said he gets by on good luck. Its like wearing the same jersey to every game. Superstition. Im sure you recognized that though.

9. bobrek

And that's what I wrote. You take credit for being "good luck" when you make the negative comments and Giles comes through.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah, you are purposefully trying to twist again. Its ok.

So, if after a game, your buddy says “my lucky shirt worked!” You would then blast him for trying to take credit? Like he really thinks his shirt propelled them to victory?

Ok.

Thats all i meant.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The biggest phenomenon is people's inability to police themselves.

I'm not perfect, but I'm always responsible for my actions. This just happened in JR Richard Thread.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Aahhh. But people policing themselves is not your concern. Read, post, debate if you want. There really is nothing more to it.

13. SuraGotMadHops

My goodness can everyone chill? These are the best times in Astros history, and on top of that the Rangers suck hard. This is how I feel reading through this board sometimes...

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

LMAO. It's simple.

If you're wrong, you might get called-out.

This isn't grammar police bullcrap.

If you can't accept responsibility or being strong, get a boyfriend.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I have not been wrong but if I was it would never bother me. What I originally said, to start your attack, was simply “it somehow has to come down to Giles”. I can’t be wrong about that statement because it did come down to Giles. I actually didn’t predict anything at all. The next thing i said was “if this next guy gets on giles will punch himself”. Again no real prediction about the outcome there. And there is nothing wrong with predicting baseball outcomes and being wrong anyway.

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Post #80 also reads, "insinuating".

Did you forget that, "forget" that, or need Google for the meaning ?

Regarding, being wrong.... of course it's okay. The issue is the inability to acknowledge it. I often post negative predictions and say I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

LMAO at going in circles about this obvious ****.

No hard feelings. We're still Houston Sports Homies:)

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Well there you go. You already knew I didn’t make a prediction.

Go Stros

Houstunna likes this.
  18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I still hate these AL west coast games start times.......

9pm starts....zzzzzz...

mick fry and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You already know insinuations can be wrong.

It was weak to insinuate, then give zero props after he pitched well.

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Bregman with the day off and Jake in the 9-hole. Ugh