1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

9-26 Wade Miley (L) vs. Jaime Barria (R) 9:07

9-27 Jose Urquidy (R) vs. Patrick Sandoval (L) 9:07

9-28 Justin Verlander (R) vs. Jose Suarez (L) 8:07

9-29 Gerrit Cole (R) vs. Dillon Peters (L) 3:07

desihooper likes this.
  2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't believe we are almost through another regular season. Seems like it was just a few days ago we were opening up in Tampa!!

Go 'stros!!

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

with miley starting.......

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Miley is still a starter?

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Between Miley and Urquidy who do you want as the 4th starter in the playoffs? I believe they are having their auditions in this series. If Urquidy has a good start and Miley is shaky/bad then I think AJ rolls with Urquidy in the playoffs.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If JV, Cole and Greinke go deep in their starts, and Peacock recovers, you might have the situation where you have a rested bullpen and a multi--innings guy in Peacock.

A bullpen game for 4th starter?

7. SemisolidSnake

Hinch did whatever he had to do with the pitching staff in 2017 to piece wins together. I'm sure he'll do what's necessary this year as well. I'd be curious to see how Miley does with an opener in front of him for a couple innings. It's a little late to be experimenting with that, unfortunately.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

I like how this is still a high-stakes, exciting series...but because the Astros are pushing themselves to achieve even greater things. Cy Young very well may be decided by JV's and Cole's final outings. Bregman has four games left to make his case for MVP, and he's going against Trout's team to do it. All the standings are pretty much decided, yet the Astros still have a good incentive to go out and desecrate the Angels.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

if the astros lock up the home field advantage for both the AL and WS in the next 2 games, I'm not expecting JV or Cole to have full outings in the last two games. Maybe not even pitch altogether?

10. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

At least we get to bat and hopefully put up runs before Miley pitches.

11. SemisolidSnake

Shortened outings? Yes. Not pitch? Good luck telling either of them that. :D Honestly, if one or both of them is grooving through his start, I don't think AJ's going to pull them artificially earlier, because there's still personal glory at stake, and AJ respects that within reason.

Still, let's just lock it up in the next two games, so we can fully enjoy the fireworks on Saturday and Sunday.

mikol13 and YOLO like this.
  12. AstrosRockets1818

I heard a lot of starters are out tonight?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yup...... and the game doesn't start for 7 hours but some how Miley managed to give up a 3 spot as soon as the plane landed in Los Angeles..... so lets hope the bats show up.

Kim likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't think it's an audition. Miley has earned the 4th rotation. Urquidy has been average, which is perfectly good for a rookie. Miley has more experience and upside. That said, Miley will be pitching against tougher competition so he needs to bring it.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think Miley shocks us all and goes out there and gives us a quality start.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Correa already out with his sore back. They're also resting Springer, Altuve, and Yuli. Not a bad strategery actually. With Miley on the mound, this could be an early blowout loss, so may as well sit the guys today.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The last shred of hope the Angels fans have is Trout winning the MVP. Bregman crushes those hopes in front of them tonight.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

is this confirmed? i know correa is out but the rest. angels are about +200 tonight to win. while the astros are about -235 to win w/ miley on the mound

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Hinch said it last night.

YOLO likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, skipping their last starts means they'll be opening the ALDS on 10 or 11 days of rest. That sounds like a great idea.

snowconeman22 likes this.