1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Hinch, he’s a mans man.
    He’s a class act and the players follow suit

mikol13 and whiskeyred like this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

Hinch with the most flexy, baller celebration speech of all time.

SWTsig, arkoe, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Hinch just says all the right things at all the right times, man we got a good one.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Oh no....he only talked about winning three more series....

SWTsig, arkoe and SemisolidSnake like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

So, the Yankees are playing the Rays for two games. The Rays are in a tie with the Indians for the second Wild Card spot, so it's crucial for them to do everything they can to beat the Yankees. Which is good for us.

Of course, then if they're successful and do grab the Wild Card spot, and we take number 1 overall, our WC opponents are either Oakland or Tampa Bay. Which is bad for us. Ah, well. I guess aim high and just keep winning and let things sort themselves out when we get to them.

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm not going to handwring over the Astros' opponent(s) in the playoffs. Either be the best team in baseball or don't.

#507 arkoe, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a nervous SOB when it comes to the playoffs. I worry about each opponent because I do feel MLB is a different animal when it comes to the post season. Teams can get hot at the right time.

With that said, I trust Houston with the number one seed. These guys are a monster at home and their record proves it.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yeah, I feel good going into the playoffs. I don't think there is ever a lock to win in baseball. That 2001 Mariners team didn't win it all. We have about as good a shot as you can get. However, I have money on the Yankees from the beginning of the season. So if the Astros win I will be ecstatic. If the Yankees win at least I get some cash and it will lessen the pain.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't like playing Tampa or Oakland, but as they say, to be the best got to beat the best. At the moment, Astros are the BEST.

everyday eddie and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  11. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Is there any way we can play the Marlins in the first round of the playoffs?

AznH-TownFan and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  12. SemisolidSnake

Yeah. If the Astros really want to win it, it's there for their taking. Like Cheezey, I'm still going to be nervous through the whole thing, but that's just because of the unpredictable scoring highs and lows the Astros go through. And yet they still keep winning. Just come out strong and don't get caught off guard in a 5-game series. Luckily, we've got CYA-1 and CYA-2 starting the series against whoever we play, and that's a good feeling.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a Houston fan in general, I get nervous. We've had a lot of heartache when it comes to sports teams. Houston's b2b in the 90's was amazing. I hate the fact in a lot of ways people view it as the * championships because of Jordan's retirement. CP3 hamstring was killer...

The 2017 championship was everything. Houston wasnt favored at all. 2019 would be icing on the cake.

14. Major

Major Member

He's right. If the Astros beat the Mariners, Angels, and their 1st round opponent, they can hang multiple flags - AL West and ALDS.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That’s what I’m afraid of. :)

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re right baseball is completely different from other sports. Most people don’t grasp just how different it is. The Astros/Yankees and Dodgers would be absolute locks to be in the finals if this was the NBA. But it wouldn’t be the least bit surprising if none of them made the World Series. It would be unlikely but far from surprising.

Considering how much of baseball is individual matchups, it’s hard to just bludgeon another good opponent with overwhelming talent. The Astros have stacked their team with the ability to overcome cold streaks or pitching off days more than anyone else, but in a 5 or 7 game tiny sample size anything can happen. Anybody can get hot.

Joshfast and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Lol. Scratched from the lineup today. What’s up with the overreaction?