1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Andrew Yang for President 2020 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Feb 18, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mayor Pete says that's a little too gay.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure why as a career bureaucrat with a 6-year old granddaughter you feel the need to reply with such a tone.

jcf likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Damn. A little whip cream gets 5% of this threads posts in one day.

Good job dudes.

snowconeman22, B-Bob and DonnyMost like this.
  4. Major

Major Member

Anyone can make it to the convention or the final 5 - just don't drop out, and he'll be #2 eventually by default.

Kamala dropped out before him - does that mean he's above her despite never polling higher than her?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You're going to have to cut me some slack here because I'm shooting at a subjective target that isn't the easiest thing to quantify.

I'm making a good faith guess/estimate that by the time we get down to literally 5 people or the convention that only people whom aren't considered "longshots" (by most) will still be in the race.

#985 DonnyMost, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I believe when most people say "this person is not ready to be President" they are, in most cases, saying that this person is essentially unable to beat Donald Trump. This is typically the case because the #1 criteria for the Democratic nominee among voters is far and away the ability to beat Trump. I agree with you that just not being a blithering oafish dipshit is not enough to beat Trump, you have to be principled, well-liked, and believable. To that end, in my opinion, Yang is one of the most prime-time ready candidates out there.

I disagree with the idea that people either can't understand facts or don't care about them. People can smell bullshit a mile away. The Trump phenomenon is a direct result of two things:

1) The Democratic party peddling enough bullshit to the point that enough Americans finally couldn't ascertain a reasonable difference between the blue bullshit and the red bullshit.

2) Enough Americans falling into such a state of despair and hopelessness that they felt the institutions that had served them for the last 20-30 years would be better off flipped upside down than continued as is.

When people are suffering and struggling to make ends meet and feel they have no recourse, they are more and more willing to believe a lie. Trump seized on this hard and the Democrats didn't pivot enough in response.

This is all well and good but it's in direct contrast to the line of thinking above (provided my interpretation of your "not ready" point is accurate).

You are totally entitled to set your own parameters, and if public service/office is one of them, that's cool, I just find it to be a bit rigid and outdated.

For what it's worth, Yang has been doing nothing but non-profit work for the past 7-8 years, which has a great deal of parallels to government.

I don't see how that disqualifies Yang. His mantra is "solution before revolution", after all. He has big ideas, but his ideas are always in service of furthering the positive force of government.

As an aside, I'm not sure what you're saying even paints Trump in a negative light. Trump hasn't flipped over any apple carts. He's just a liar and stupid. Far from what he promised, he hasn't fundamentally changed any institution, he's just embarrassing and wrong.

I'm glad to hear that. I think we can dig more into what your criteria is and really find a path to Yang. When I first started researching him my #1 skepticism was also "outsider" in that he did not have a government background, however, as I learned more, I found that 1) he is not a torch wielding anarchist and 2) his lack of government experience is in many ways a positive because he brings fresh perspectives.

Rashmon likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The look on Yang's face is too much like an "O" face.

jiggyfly, TheresTheDagger and ROXTXIA like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

His handlers were smart to gently steer him away: "OK! Andrew's got a busy schedule today, thank you, folks!"
    "What are you doing? This makes me look spontaneous and fun!"
    (sotto voce) "This won't play well in Peoria, Andy."

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

Peoria Times Headline

YANG GOES BUKKAKE IN FRONT OF THE PAPPARAZZI

TheresTheDagger and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

WITH STEPSISTER.

Too much?

Nook likes this.
  12. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone else can suck it! CNN has your back (from reddit).

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Amiga and DonnyMost like this.
  13. KingCheetah

Nook and ryan_98 like this.
  14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It’s a typical lack of self awareness for Trump fans to think their opinion about anything at all should be taken seriously, much less something like this.

Rashmon and dobro1229 like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

There are some vids of a rally / fundraiser he held in Dallas in YouTube .... and I hate Dallas (I’m sure people from other cities were there too)

But man , the support is real . There were A LOT of people

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It was getting hairy there for a minute but Yang just got his 4th qualifying poll. December debate spot clinched.

jcf, joshuaao, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  17. KingCheetah

18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’d urge y’all to check this video out

It may not sell you on yang being president but I think it demonstrates what kind of person he is

Everyone has their own criteria on what they think is important to vote for , but if you don’t like Yang a bit more after listening to him speak and seeing how he interacts with people ....then you have no soul haha

jcf, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks for sharing. That was well worth my time.

jcf and snowconeman22 like this.