1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OF ALL THE PLAYOFF TEAMS........

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

THE TEXANS ARE THE WORST!!!

After looking at this weekends game, I feel worst than I did last weekend! At first, I felt optimistic in saying that, maybe the Texans had a bad day. After all, the Texans and Colts played close both games during the regular season. But the Colts were just manhandled by the Chiefs but what if we had won last week and played the Patriots! We all saw what happen to the Chargers.

Back to the Colts vs. Chiefs game, the Chiefs manhandled the Colts on both sides of the ball and what get's me is the Chiefs DO NOT have a good defense! Their best DB, Eric Berry was out, they do not have a Clowney, the do not have a JJ Watt, the have a bunch of average players......YET, THEY STILL GOT PRESSURE, YET THEY RAN MAN TO MAN, YET THEY STILL FRUSTRATED LUCK!!

On the offense side, the Chiefs lost their starting running back AND, AND, AND they have a starting Offensive Lineman that the Texans cut......JEFF ALLEN!!! REMEMBER HIM?? He was trash here but for some unknown reason, he's able to start there for the 2nd time!

Which brings me to the conclusion......IT'S THE COACHING! We use to have an offensive line; Xavier Su'a-Filo starting for Dallas, Jeff Allen starting for the Chiefs, Brandon Brooks starting for the Eagles, Ben Jones starting for the Titans.....REMEMBER BROOKS AND JONES WERE RAN OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE B O'B DIDN'T LIKE THEM, HE SAID THEY COULDN'T GET PUSH UP THE MIDDLE. Finally, this idiot goes into this past draft and pass on Orlando Brown and picks Martinis Rankin, try to sell him as a OT, when all of the draft boards I read said he would be better used as a OG! So last month, B O'B finally admits that Rankin is a OG and not a OT.....HOW STUPID!

I love RAC as a person but Father Time has passed him by! It's no way the Texans defensive players are as bad as what we saw last week. Simply, they were not ready and were poorly coached! AGAINST GOOD QBs, YOU HAVE TO GET PRESSURE AND YOU HAVE TO PLAY MAN TO MAN.....THINGS THAT RAC DOES NOT COACH. Rac prefers BEND BUT DON'T BREAK. It worked in the past but not now. This is a passing league.

It's obvious the Texans are poorly coached, it's obvious B O'B is a bad talent evaluator, these are things we know. Deshaun did not look this year, as he did the previous year, the offensive line was worse this year, than it was the previous year and each year the defense has gotten worse! Yes we have draft picks this year BUT do you trust O'B to pick good offensive lineman?? Do you trust him to build a good offense?? Or do you trust RAC to build a better defense?? NO! NO! HELL NO!

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Suggestions? Try writing Cal. You won't find a way to do it. The Texans do not accept any forms of communication. They obviously don't want to hear from us. They are like governments; they want our money, not our opinions. Ultimately, they will do what they want. And, the fans will keep coming to watch awful football. Of course, there are always the fan boards where you can come and grip, complain, and offer suggestions. We will listen, but no change will occur. We are stuck in the "loop of life."

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

come here,

[​IMG]

it'll all be okay

#DevlinMustGo

red5rocket likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Been listening to "The Bench" hahaha but I agree after watching the divisional round that the Texans for not as close as we thought they were. Coaching? Personnel? Either way, we are not close.

With our first, 2 second rounders, a third and tons of salary cap, this offseason is going to be crucial.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#FireObrien

Houstunna and J.R. like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I want this to happen, it wont. He would've been fired by now. All the "good names" are gone now and McCarthy only wanted the Jets.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

I like what the Jags are trying to do.....HIRE KUBIAC AS AN OC! But the Texans are electing to stand pat.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'll be SHOCKED if they fire B O'B but if they don't at least bring in an OC and other Defensive coaches, we will have more of the same next year.....

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

No I didn't listen to "The Bench", is that 97.5FM?

red5rocket likes this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, basically said the same thing.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I have a glimmer of hope with gaine drafting. His sample size is small but seems to be pretty solid with a limited opportunity. The what/how how we use them is up to the coaching and like you already alluded to, I also don't have a lot of optimism going forward.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't hire an Offensive Coordinator after this year's Mediocre offense and absolutely pathetic offensive playoff performance, then I believe our owner and GM are clueless, and are living in a glass bubble of delusion from hot air blown out of BOB's back end.

#12 deb4rockets, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    juanm34 likes this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

I need to start listening to them. I listened to 610am this morning, I can't pickup 97.5FM. But good to hear the message is getting out there.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

As much as I really really want an OC, and really really want a new OL coach; I'm not really hopeful. Just a year ago, BOB and Deshaun were breaking records with the offense but not necessarily winning games. Then, we loved BOB the OC an not so much the HC. Now things have switched as the offense was mediocre a season later. My guess is the organization is hoping that 2017 BoB/Deshaun will make a return; which is why they're staying put.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You can download the app. I think it’s only about a minute behind

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are mediocre. Bill is no expert, and can use a great offensive coordinator. Our playbook is blah, and we need something better. We looked completely unprepared to play Indy, and didn't show signs of life until it was far too late.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Luck struggles against Man Coverage. He was exposed in the Jacksonville game where he was shut out. The Chiefs used that blue print while stacking the box and replicated the Jaguar game. Keep in mind that Luck has also been notoriously poor in the postseason.

In regards to Jeff Allen. The Chiefs offensive system is full of Mis-Direction which creates hesitancy from the defense. They have really good tackles as well which can hide their interior's lack of pass protection.

Any team should look at KC's interior lineman with a grain of salt.

The Texans lost the Colts game due to a scheme issue and lack of talent at the tackle positions.

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

Thanks for the heads up

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

At season's end, are we still as impressed with the draft class as we were beginning of the season? Justin Reid started red hot but tailed off in the end, still an A grade. Rankin is a disappointment in my opinion because he was drafted to play tackle and he wasn't good at it. For a 3rd round pick, Akins did not produce enough. Coutee was great when he played but didn't play enough. Duke showed flashes and Kalambayi's production was special teams. Thomas was great with the four touchdowns but he still only had 20 receptions, still more than Akins. Reid is still the only draft pick that was a undoubtedly great. In comparison, the previous years draft (3rd round and later) produced Foreman, Davenport, Watkins, Decoud, and Fuller.

In free agency, Mathieu was great. The o-line is a wash with decent guards but nothing for the tackle position. Colvin has been disappointing.

I'm hoping 2019 offseason is much better than 2018

20. conquistador#11

the best linemen we've had came under Smith's watch and Defensive players too, like Bouye. Systems are important. Even John Simon was making rivers look like a rookie. We have no offensive system until that is fixed the offense will always be "too complicated" for the linemen.

I don't think Romeo's time has passed him by. His defense will look infinitely better with just a second all pro team cb who can also cover TEs. He did put too much faith on the front four this season but when you have an 90yr old cb and guys you picked up from Lowes playing the position, he was kind of limited.