1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

The quick answer is Yes....ESPECIALLY, If I knew in advance I was going to be detained and still turned myself in. I would accept the situation I PUT MYSELF IN.

Permanent camps? Or temporary locations to deal with the OVERWHELMING number of illegals arriving recently...

If you're claiming permanent, Links please.

What they do in some other country is irrelevant? That's (supposedly) the entire reason they are requesting asylum right? How they are treated there? I can't think of anything MORE relevant to the topic of asylum and the conditions they find themselves in. Especially right now.

The line is whatever we decide we want to provide them for attempting to solve THEIR problem that they put on us. I prefer to keep that to a bare minimum so as to not encourage more immigration in any way and instead use the resources on our own homeless and internal issues.

I can just as easily ask you why don't we just give them a free apartment, furniture, computer, TV, cable and internet access for 5 years?

You're right, we don't have to handle it this way. We also don't have to make it so enticing we encourage even more to try.

I WANT this to be a pain in the rear for them. I WANT the word to go out that coming here illegally isn't such a good idea after all. I hope that it discourages more illegal immigration.[/QUOTE]

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People come here because they are leaving a miserable situation - just like your fathers or grandfathers or whatever came here. What made them welcome vs others unwelcome? Let's not forget that vast swaths of land that is America today was once Mexico.

They made a choice, a choice to take a chance for a better life. Not to be treated like animals. Not to go without due process. They applied for asylum...Europeans who come here illegally aren't treated this way. Why aren't they detention camps for all the illegal Irish in NYC? Why aren't ICE rounding them up?

Nah, you aren't here to argue about right or wrong, you're just another effing hypocrite.

3. TheresTheDagger

What made my forefathers welcome? They did it legally.

These current "refugees" are seemingly incapable of doing it the legal way. That's the different.

There are you idiot. I know a European who got deported recently for overstaying his visa. He's back in the Czech republic right now. Nice guy too. Too bad he didn't do it legally.

Nah, you aren't here to argue what's legal or illegal. You're just another poo flinging bleeding heart hypocrite.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

First of all, asylum seekers haven't broken the law, so actually you're the idiot. They aren't here illegally. There are rules governing asylum seekers.

I am happy you know a European who got deported. I know a lot of Europeans who overstay their visas and have lived here for years and years. No one seems to call for them to be kicked out. So let's not lie and pretend race isn't a factor.

5. TheresTheDagger

Which is why they are being detained. Because they didn't break any laws like crossing a border illegally.:rolleyes:

The fact you know any folks who have overstayed their visas and are still here doesn't mean they aren't being searched for.

Meanwhile, lets not lie and pretend you have the slightest idea what you're talking about. But nice attempt at using the race card.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh boy

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Your posts show gross ignorance. And yes, it is about race and if you don't know that it either shows your gross ignorance or your complicit support.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I love when people try to claim complicit support. So everyone who doesn't agree with your lunatic far left weirdo politics is complicit and therefore racist. Got it Lou. Call me racist some more. Call me alt right because I think you're really unintelligent. You have used that card so many times that it has no meaning coming from you.

[​IMG]

TheresTheDagger and MojoMan like this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Debate by photoshop, the language of the Trumpanzee... I mean, independent voter. :rolleyes:

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

Elects a white supremacist, defends a white supremacist, but not a racist. Next on Jerry Springer.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He's on full tilt. He's been trying to troll me and failing badly. I almost feel sorry for him at this point.

12. CometsWin

That's basically all he can do. Certainly can't discuss Trump being a xenophobic, racist, rapist, pathological lying piece of garbage.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He's outed himself before - I caught him sharing talking points of white nationalists late last year - when I called him out on it is when he started getting really angry with me. Basically he is pretending not to be alt-right but his true colors are Trump MAGA red.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wait what? No, you've called me racist before because you're unhinged. I've not supported white nationalism because I'm not pro-white nationalism you dolt. I don't agree with anything of the sort.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You sure do share a lot of their content.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe you're paranoid.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Maybe you should stop pretending

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Fify

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Seriously, every time you argue you just spit racial accusations because someone doesn't care for your opinion. There is no point in talking to a broken record. Go read some AOC tweets or whatever does it for you bro.
    [​IMG]

#1900 dachuda86, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    TheresTheDagger likes this.