1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama doesn't command respect in Asia. Getting clowned by the Philippines and China.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 6, 2016.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Talked down to by the Filipino leader and China doesn't even provide him a staircase to disembark Air Force 1 (make no mistake - that was fully intentional...the Chinese plan every detail). This is what happens when you have such a weak leader like Obama. How much longer until he's gone? 4-5 months? Our laughingstock of a foreign policy needs to come to an end.

Just embarrassing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/05/politics/obama-putin-duterte-xi-erdogan-g20-reception/index.html

"Who is he?," the fiery new President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, asked Monday at a news conference, referring to Obama. The Southeast Asian leader warned he would lash out if the US President raised extrajudicial killings in the Philippines' new war on drugs in an anticipated meeting in Laos.
    "I am a president of a sovereign state. And we have long ceased to be a colony of the United States," Duterte continued. "Son of a b****, I will swear at you."

At the start of his trip, a logistical spat over missing airline airplane stairs needed for Obama to reach the red carpet at Hangzhou airport and verbal altercations between US and Chinese officials grabbed headlines.
    At one point, a White House official warned a Chinese counterpart against restricting access of pool reporters under the wing of Air Force One, noting that it was, after all, a US plane. "This is our country," the man yelled back.
    Sign up for CNN Politics' Nightcap newsletter, serving up today's best and tomorrow's essentials in politics.

Obama shrugged off that incident, too, acknowledging that disagreements over press access often arise with China but contending that they were not emblematic of the US-China relationship.
    The Republican hoping to succeed Obama, however, took a much dimmer view of the episode.
    "Can you believe that the Chinese would not give Obama the proper stairway to get off his plane - fight on tarmac!" Donald Trump tweeted.

1 person likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Conveniently leaving out the part where the Philippine president apologized?

Shocking.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Obama doesn't command respect in North Korea either, they hate him. That's why we need to vote Trump. North Korea has backed him for President. I am sure that human rights violators like Duterte will have camaraderie with Trump as well.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just LOL at you.

The cat was already out of the bag.

The fact that a Filipino President can call Obama a "son of a w****" says it all.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Isn't that what we call freedom of speech?

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

President Duterte may not be the best example to show that Obama doesn't command respect from foreign leaders.

The guy pretty much says whatever he wants. I believe he called the Pope the same thing.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Can't hate on the POTUS while he's representing you.

This is obvious disrespect from China over US contention with the South China Sea which similarly makes the Philippine row mind-boggling. Why would you say that to practically the hand that feeds you? I had a modicum of respect for the new PH president considering he's actually willing to improve the situation in that country but either he's clueless about diplomacy or he's gone full r****d.

The Philippines' main source for drugs, or to be specific, precursors, just like with everyone else, is China.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I take it you're voting for Trump?

9. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Well at least know we know the Filipino community in US won't be voting for the Pope as the next president.

:p

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

A statement from Duterte's office Tuesday claimed the "son of the b****" insult was aimed at the journalist (whom he said was a lapdog/attack dog and told to go back to america) whose question prompted the fiery response, and not at Obama.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/05/politics/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-barack-obama/

Q: Sir, there have been concerns on extrajudicial killings, Sir, and you will meet leaders. Any line of communication that we have prepared to address this issue in front of other foreign leaders?

Duterte: Extrajudicial killings?

Q: Yes, human rights.

Duterte: To whom shall I address myself to and who will be asking the questions, may I know?

Q: Like Obama, Sir.

Duterte: You know, the Philippines is not a vassal state. We have long ceased to be a colony of the United States. Alam mo, marami diyan, sa mga kolumnista (You know, many of the columnists), they look upon Obama and the United States as if we are the lap dogs of this country. I do not respond to anybody but to the people of the Republic of the Philippines. Wala akong pakialam sa kanya (I don't care about him). Who is he? When as a matter of a fact, at a turn of the century, before the Americans left the Philippines in the pacification campaign of the Moro in this island, there were about 6 million ang population ng Moro. How many died? Six hundred. If he can answer that question and give the apology, I will answer him.

I am not beholden to anybody. Iyong mga kolumnista diyan na (Those columnists who say), "Wait until he meets – " Who is he? I am a President of the sovereign state, and we have long ceased to be a colony. I do not have any master, except the Filipino people. Nobody but nobody.

You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Putang-ina, mumurahin kita diyan sa forum na iyan. Huwag mo akong ganunin (Son of a w****, I'll curse you at that forum. Don't do anything like that to me). Tell that to everybody. Itong mga kolumnista, para ba akong tinatakot. Anak ka ng – umalis kayo diyan sa Pilipinas, pumunta kayo doon sa Amerika (These columnists, it's like they're threatening me. Son of a – leave the Philippines, go to America). You write kung ano sa ’yo (whatever you like) – you’re the lapdogs of this American. Who is he to confront me? As a matter of fact, America has one too many to answer for the misdeeds in this country. Hanggang ngayon hindi pa tayo nakatikim ng apology niyan (Up to this day, we have not received any apology from them). That is the reason why Mindanao continues to boil.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/145337-transcript-duterte-obama-human-rights

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You were cool with him authorizing the murders of thousands without any process of law, but having doubts now that he's committed a diplomatic faux pas?

13. Dei

Dei Member

The situation there is dire. If it helps the situation, considering how difficult it is to get a good prosecution system going, I'd tolerate it. It isn't the ideal conditions but at least it improves the situation.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even if he had meant the journalist was the son of a w****/b****, he still speaks in very disrespectful ways about the United States and Obama. He's right though that the US committed atrocities in their country and killed hundreds of thousands and still has not apologized. We probably should have done so long ago. But, Obama isn't the best guy to offer it (too many Trump types would say he's humiliating the country), and Duterte isn't the best guy to receive it (cuz he's a dick).

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you hate America bigtexxx? Obama is without a doubt one of the best presidents.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Filipino President: You should kill drug dealers because it would be too painful to make their parents do it...

Seems like a nice guy.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

That our local Trumpers applaud the Trump-like behavior of the Philippine president is no surprise. Take a close look at this guy. Consider it a preview...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qisz0F_We3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bigtexxx doesn't hate America, he just hates the 60% that is on the left. But he loves that other 40%

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

all presidents have been disrespected in the past but he makes a big deal with Obama guess what's different with Obama

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Klantexxx supporting thugs like the president of the Philippines ...