1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And here we thought Mueller did actually arrest any Russians.

2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Totally agree. I stopped shooting for a few years because of the crazies at gun ranges. Then my friend told me about a private club and it is nice not to be in PTSD mode at the range because lunatics are waiving guns the wrong direction.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Spooner

Spooner Member

This isn't Mueller

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I guess it makes sense that a "sweet young redheaded gal" could get in cozy with the NRA types if Erran Morad could get them to sing goofy songs with him.

5. adoo

adoo Member

close resemblence to convicted Russian spy anna chapman, whose cover was a MBA student and real estate broker in NYC

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wink wink. You are right, It was not Mueller.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What does "and all" mean and how did you ID these guys as NRA guys?

I think for most people who go to public range, the worst thing is the r****d shooting a 10.5" barrel SBR with a brake right beside you. At a private range the problem is the random weirdos.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure why this isn’t a bigger story. The fact is the Russian government officially infiltrated the Republican Party through the NRA.

That’s a big freaking deal.

Deckard, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But it's sane to say that the gays, Blacks, women, SJC, late-night talk show hosts, Politicians, left-leaning billionaires, and many more have banded together to pull off this massive conspiracy that only the NRA can stop?

Try posting something intelligent next time.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

I don't know what the context is here, what an SJC is, or why you think Bloomberg is not spending millions to ban guns. In my experience at ranges, shows and stores, blacks are very pro-gun.

I will say the news media is fervently anti-gun. This stems mostly from them being so incredibly based in large city centers and outside of rural america. The entertainment industry is fervently pro-gun because guns are awesome and everyone wants them in their movie, TV show and video game.

the real power is when you try to remove someones rights they get much more active than the people you tried to mobilize against them. Much like a home field advantage.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you should watch the video the OP posted. This thread isn't about your guns rights. It's about using them to stop the liberals.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This thread ....

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

#133 NewRoxFan, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Wow... the very day the nra-russia connection pops back up... trump's admin puts a new rule allowing the nra and similar groups to keep their donors names totally secret. Wow... what a coincidence!

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

16. Bandwagoner

private ranges have no range officers. if anyone waved a gun around at ASC, they would be instantly banned.

I'm starting to think people are not exactly truthful on the internets.

Bobbythegreat and cml750 like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

What is a non-private range? I've never been to a gun range (other than as a part of BSA, where there are range masters because these are kids with guns).

19. adoo

adoo Member

Butina was arrested for conspiring to “exploit personal connections” with U.S. political figures and to “infiltrate organizations active in U.S. politics” and establish “back channel lines of communication” in an effort to advance Russian government interests, the complaint charges.

In July 2015, just weeks after Trump announced his candidacy, Butina showed up at a conservative evangelical Christian event in Las Vegas, where she questioned the new candidate Trump about his position on sanctions against Russia.

“Do you want to continue the politics of sanctions that are damaging both economies?” Butina asked Trump after he called on her in a question and answer session. Trump replied in the course of a rambling five-minute answer: “I know Putin. … I believe I would get along very nicely with Putin, OK? I don’t think you’d need the sanctions.”​

Trump adviser Steven Bannon and Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus shared concerns about Butina and her agenda after viewing video of her questioning Trump.

“How was it that this Russian woman happened to be in Las Vegas for that event?” Bannon and Priebus discussed among themselves,”
    “And how was it that Trump happened to call on her? And Trump’s response? It was odd, Bannon thought, that Trump had a fully developed answer. Priebus agreed there was something strange about Butina. Whenever there were events held by conservative groups, she was always around, he told Bannon.”
    Butina and her handler Torshin’s (former Russian legislature/President of Russia's Central Bank) efforts to forge relations with GOP candidates, including Trump, continued throughout the 2016 campaign.

Paul Erickson, a GOP consultant based in South Dakota who helped Butina set up a limited liability company in that state, emailed a senior official in the Trump campaign – under the subject line “Kremlin connection” — offering to serve as a “backchannel” between the Trump campaign and Putin. He proposed setting up a meeting among Trump, Butina and Torshin at that year’s NRA convention in Louisville, Ky. The meeting never took place but Torshin did meet with Donald Trump Jr. at a private dinner at the convention.​

After the election, Butina offered to work as a volunteer for Trump’s transition and attended Trump’s inauguration, according to a Republican fundraiser who was active in the inauguration. The FBI affidavit also documents Butina’s efforts to arrange “friendship and dialogue” dinners between Russian officials and members of Congress, as well as bring a delegation of Russians, including Torshin, to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington.

Trump was slated to meet with Torshin and the Russian delegation before the prayer breakfast at the Washington Hilton on Feb. 2, 2017. But the meeting was canceled at the last minute after a White House national security aide discovered Torshin had been named by Spanish police as a suspected “godfather” of an organized crime and money-laundering ring. More recently, Yahoo News reported that José Grinda, a Spanish prosecutor who was investigating Torshin, confirmed that the FBI recently acquired transcripts of Spanish police wiretaps of conversations between Torshin and a convicted Russian money launderer — a sign that the FBI’s investigation is continuing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-linked-russian-aide-arrested-charged-foreign-agent-222233028.html/

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Thanks for the chance to clarify. There are rifle ranges owned by municipalities such as Texas City but that isn't what I was talking about, nor I suspect the person I quoted.

A "public range" is a place anyone is allowed to go like ASC. anyone can go which means you get certain yahoos but also multiple range officers that are used to dealing with r****ds. Private typically means a gun club like PSC. You get a key to the gate and by the rule book the first one on the range is the range officer, when they leave, someone else is in charge. It is far less organized.

Bobbythegreat and juicystream like this.