1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now I have heard everything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

the media is just hilarious at how they twist the narrative.. So apparently without Steph they are talking about how far can Kevin Durant carry a bunch of scrubs.. So Chris Brouchard said Kevin Durant will be playing with some good role players.. So Klay Thompson and Draymond Green who have been perenial allstars now have received huge demotions to becoming good role players.. This is the same Klay Thompson who has been touted as the best two way two guard even above the likes of Harden.. This is the same Draymond Green who was rated in ESPNs top ten players at the beginning of the season.. I wonder how they are taking this news.. ridiculous

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No clearer evidence that Durant is overrated

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Where does Broussard say this?

joeson332 likes this.
  4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Have to admit, though, they are some top-tier role players. lol

YaoMing#1, Elephant810 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

here is the link

RocketRed4life likes this.
  6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Never mind... I see it. That is insane.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

If/when we go to the finals, all they're going to do if compare us to how the Warriors might have done. This is why they're continuing to drop in ratings

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

ESPN and the rest of the media view Klay and Draymond as top 20 players and KD as the 2nd best player in the NBA...they can’t start acting like GS is now just KD and some guys now that Steph is out

slothy420, CCity Zero, adw and 4 others like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Draymond and Klay would NOT be All Stars if Steph wasn't there, according to these guys.

I'm not sure that an All Star should depend on someone else to like....be good.

slothy420, Jontro and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

KD and some role players. JFC I decided already I don’t care what kind of narrative they try to make when we win the Ship. I’m gonna enjoy it to the fullest

adw, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I guess he's saying the sum is greater than the parts. The Warriors are a vastly inferior team(offensively at least) without Curry. Thompson's shooting numbers dip well below All-Star level when Curry isn't around.

RocketRoller likes this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris Broussard LAST MONTH (3:25 mark)
    • "I LOVE Klay Thompson... anybody that knows Klay knows he's not concerned about the accolades. He just wants to ball." (2:30)
    • Klay is "one half of the greatest backcourt in history"
    • Klay is "a 4-time all-star"
    • "when coaches look (at Klay), and there are only 12 all-stars in the conference, and they say 'he's too good for me to leave off'. And they're going to select four players from one team?! That's respect!"
    • "Klay will be... a no-doubt Hall of Famer."

Now? "Kevin Durant and some good role players."

Deuce, joeson332, slothy420 and 33 others like this.
  13. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

maybe we should start calling Kevin Mchale and James worthy role players and Bill Russell a good role player while we are at it.. love how the medias fawning love for the warriors is so evident.. A guy who puts 37 and 28 in a quarter and drops 60 in a game will never be a role player.. His career average is around 20 ppg..

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Fake news.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Savage burn...my word.

No, he's not saying anything besides being a hypocrite, as Clutch demonstrates.

At best, Broussard (and the stats you state) is making a continued indictment that Cupcake isn't a good fit with Green and Klay despite them being borderline HOFers, and definite all-stars, whereas Harden would be a great fit. Without Curry, Cupcake's needs disrupt Kerr's system, and Kerr can't figure it out like MDA would be able to do, also.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I really would like to see the GSW roster blown up so we can see exactly how good these players are.

Sick and tired of having theoretical discussions about their worth.

17. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

while Harden obviously plays with first ballot hall of famers like Ryno, Gerald Green and the great iso Joe

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

in his defense, draymond and klay to me are really good role players; not stars. yes, they are multi-time all-stars but that is more a product of their teams having such good team success and they usually have the top record in the league the last few years. i always thought draymond and klay weren't deserving of their all-star selections. they are great players but to me, they are great role players. they're not stars.

if draymond or klay are the best player on your team, they aren't stars and they can't carry a team. players like durant, lebron, kawhi, and harden all can.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

well we could say DJ making the all star team depended a ton on cp3

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This whole media up and down, twisting, hypocrisy reminds me of my buddy _holic and the same end goal

Say a few outrageous things and then twist them time and again to fit your agenda and "context"

End goal: generate hits and viewership - for the media it's ESPn or Fox or whatever show, for _holic it's his newsletter

hakeem94 likes this.