1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Is this English? Some of the worst sentences I've ever seen.

...whatever you said, you're probably wrong and are clueless if you think that taking a knee during the anthem isn't disrespectful. The NFL even agrees, through their actions today.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

This is disrespect to the flag more so than taking a knee.
    [​IMG]

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and youre a giant tool if you say its disrespectful for nfl players to take a knee during the anthem, but dont have a problem with the president saying that POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured and attacked a gold star family.

trump doesnt care about being respectful towards the troops and everyone knows it.

also, i think its pretty disrespectful for someone who never served in the military to say that all these veterans who wrote an open letter in support of kapernick are "wrong and clueless"...

https://theundefeated.com/features/...tary-veterans-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

#23 jo mama, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    No Worries likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

Start a thread if you want to talk about POWs.

Kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful.

Unanimous vote today by the owners (with one abstention...of course the soyboy from San Francisco!)

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nothing better than compelled patriotism. Nice job, rich white guys.

superfob and amaru like this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the issue of POWs is relevant to this thread b/c it shows the utter hypocrisy of trump and people like you who support him (even though you say you dont). yall use the flag and troops as a political tool...sad and very disrespectful.

you cant even acknowledge trumps disrespectful comments b/c you know you cant defend it.

your hypocrisy has been EXPOSED once again.

peleincubus likes this.
  7. CometsWin

He didn't vote for Trump because he was concerned that Trump was an ignorant racist.

o_O ;)

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you in favor of political correctness now? This is the largest victory for PC in a long time. It's funny how the same people who have always said they were against PC are very much in favor of forced PC when it comes to the NFL and players not being allowed to possibly offend someone.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fake Americans pay respect to their country by honoring a flag. Real Americans pay respect to their country by serving it.

The first is easy. The second is much harder. I suggest you try the second for a change.

amaru and CometsWin like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I fought for the country and I don’t feel disrespected by the protests.

I did feel insulted when Trump taunted McCain for being a POW. I think McCain’s politics suck but I respect the fact that he rucked up when he was called. POWs and MIA soldiers are highly respected. We leave symbolic tables in place for them because they aren’t far from our thoughts

Canadiandude, No Worries and Nook like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

@bigtexxx brah, why you ignoring this post? I wonder what your feelings are when it comes to Trump's disrespect for the troops.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Surprising that a boss wouldn't want you protesting something during work hours.

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So the solution is to stand and do something else in order to communicate the idea that the American people need to do better to live up to the ideals that the flag stands for.

It’s a messaging failure that this has been misconstrued as protesting the flag or the national anthem.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

15. CometsWin

It's actually a messaging success that this has been misconstrued. It's what racists do. Willful ignorance is a favored tool.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The solution is for players to be professional enough to either not show disrespect to the country or to stay in the locker room till the anthem is over. If they really want to protest a black police officer rightfully shooting a black man armed with a stolen gun, they can do so on their own time and not drag down their employer.

deadlybulb and BruceAndre like this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Our resident racists are out in full force.

18. bigtexxx

It’s too easy to touch a nerve with the liberals. They’re going crazy and getting extremely frustrated trying to refute my points! They cannot do it!

They’d rather disrespect veterans than criticize minorities, even if he minorities are totally wrong.

deadlybulb and BruceAndre like this.
  19. CometsWin

When did you start talking like Trump? New troll game. Nice job.

edwardc likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that the flag protest BS disrespects veterans even if most veterans would find the actions to be disrespectful.....It's clearly disrespect aimed at the country, not veterans.