1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 30, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Helmet to helmet hit I bet most QBs would have a concussion on that hit. You obviously haven’t seen the hit.

Sajan and deb4rockets like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clowney speared him in the back of the head when he was already on the ground. Diving into him helmet to helmet was a blatant spearing non call. He should have been ejected. Such BS.

Sajan likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly.

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Unbelievable to me that you think that. He has broken so many records He was robbed of the SuperBowl last year. He had his first fumble today and only had 4 interceptions all year. He is an elite quarterback

You know what else makes him great? He has been tough as nails. He played 12 seasons without even missing a single game. We never have and probably never will have a QB that durable.

#84 deb4rockets, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  5. Remix

Remix Member

Love Pete Carroll not running up the middle 3 times to only give the ball back to the Eagles.

B'OB please take note

gatsby and Sajan like this.
  6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

bashing brees and even aaron rodgers is no different than bashing james harden for not winning. let’s not be so r****ded to make stupid comments like this when it happens to our own all time great superstar. bad officiating or just unfortunate breaks happen... and even the best players need lucky breaks and a good team around them to win it all.

no question that brees is elite and aaron rodgers is by far the most talented qb of all time. not sure if he still has it but we’ll see how rodgers holds up these next few years bc this season he’s been a bit off but interesting to see if he still has it.

likestohypeguy, Sajan and plutoblue11 like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who are you talking to?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Let’s just tell it like it is. Drew Brees is not marketable. Great arm, great ball, elite qb, but boring. He’ll always be one tier below even with three super bowls. I prefer Brady, Montana, and even Rodgers hold any record.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Pretty much.

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Are there actually people on here bashing Brees? Yeah he didn't play his best today, but leave it to NFL playoff game reactions to remind me why I stayed off here for 2 months after the WS.

clutchdabear and Sajan like this.
  11. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

@deb4rockets i was referring to this post.

this is the same crap that everyone outside of houston thinks of us when we complain about how we were robbed in 2018 wcf against the warriors and our submission to the nba of all the actual foul calls that they missed and how many points that we lost out on... or our protest of the spurs game this season.

add that to the fact that we all get peeved when harden is left out of the discussion for mvp or the fact that people don't even consider him in their top 3.

of all the fanbases.. we shouldn't be ******** on other fanbases for whining and complaining bc we already understand how unfair it is. everyone thinks rockets fans are insufferable...but we all know that we were genuinely robbed of an nba championship in 2018. so let's not **** on other fanbases when we have the same arguments as well... especially when it comes to our rockets.

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I for one, did not support the whole "referees robbed the Rockets" conspiracies. I still stand by the Rockets' shitty 0-27 performance in game 7 as the only reason why my team lost.

That being said, Saints fans are bunch of miserable crybabies.

Yes, there was pass interference by Robey-Coleman on that play last year, but the Saints still lost in overtime after their defense failed to stop the Rams from kicking a field goal at the end of regulation and then again in overtime. Don't blame that on the refs and go about threatening to hire lawyers and sue everyone involved. You got dealt a bad hand, learn to overcome it and find a way to win. Stop whining like a sore loser.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If John Powell Richardson could write like this every January, the Oilers would still be in Houston.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's over. Vrabel is gonna end it cleanly.