1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 15, 2018.

1. plates300

plates300 Member

amazing what good coaching can do...Goff was thought of as a bust and boom. He's been anything but.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That was unreal.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Game of the year, very entertaining, sort of like the old AFL.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Final Outcome ....

- FIRST game EVER both teams score 50
    - HIGHEST scoring MNF game EVER
    - MOST points scored EVER in a Loss

5. what

what Member

Didn't watch, but I suspect that this might be the greatest regular season football game of all time.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There was defense do you know how many fumbles and interception there were? This is what we are going to be up against in playoff, with our shtty hc play calling, no way can we score that much.

#66 DatRocketFan, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This may be a good loss for Mahomes. Hopefully this gets the turnover bug out of his system.

In both losses, the Chiefs appeared to be the better team but let it slip away.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cheering for teams outside of Houston ?

Hopefully the Texans pass the Chiefs.

9. conquistador#11

in the playoffs, they allow you to get in an extra bump, extra hand , extra hit. So not really worried about that. But what we saw last night is ugly for the game. When the Rams did that in 1999, you just bowed down and appreciated it. But now everything is geared for the offense and the defense has their hands tied behind their backs. I don't get how some think this is fun.

plutoblue11 and mario_v like this.
  10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Ah the ol “back in the day/real football team play defense” double take... so refreshing. If only you could’ve dropped in a “games are won in the trenches” and hit the trifecta of lame football takes.

11. plates300

plates300 Member

one of the points they have been making about the Rams offense - at the line of scrimmage, all the plays look the same, same personnel. Reminds me of the Kubiak years. The run was unstoppable, the offense was great and the only missing element was a dynamic quarterback. Oh what could have been...

12. conquistador#11

They're cliches for a reason. You saw what happened when they pressured mahomes, 5 turnovers. My main issue is with the Offense having all the leverage in the passing game by taking away the dbs ability to disrupt a timing routes. It doesn't have to be full pre -2005 just a little. Nothing wrong with a shootout but the cbs can't be sitting ducks just because. Maybe a poll should be had, It will probably be 50/50 on if this style is good football. You even have guys like Aaron Rodgers and Phillip RIvers that don't like it but what do they know. =/

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Texans don't make it, I want the Chiefs to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Simple as that.

Normally it would be the Steelers, but I'm on the KC bandwagon at least for now. (If the two were to actually meet in the playoffs, my mind could change).

In the NFC, give me (1) the Bears or (2) Rams.

14. Major

Major Member

The only thing Rodgers said went too far were the roughing the passer penalties. But as is always the case with new rules, it was a big problem for a few weeks, and then players and refs adjusted, and now we don't hear about that as an issue at all anymore. Defenses can still impose their will on games - the Bears have shown that pretty impressively this season.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would like to see Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees battle it out.

Story line with that one as well.

My obvious preference would be Deshaun vs Drew Brees.

That would be fun.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved that game last night!!!! I'll take a high scoring shootout any day over a conservative boring offense and defensive battle low scoring game. Apples and oranges I guess. Both those quarterbacks are so fun to watch. They made some amazing throws, even on the run. Turnovers or not, the scores are hard to match, and we take 2 games to score that many points most of the time. Mahomes' 37 touchdowns and only 10 turnovers is amazing. I have no doubt he will end up with 50 or more by the end of the season, which isn't something many quarterbacks have ever done in their first year, even with the smartest and best offensive coaches in history.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe high-scoring shootouts is how the NFL survives and thrives going forward. Great defense will be defined by speed, TOs and returns for TDs instead of shutting down offenses. Arena football anyone?