1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 1

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 5, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dang...Dak looking pretty good so far. That last TD pass to Cooper was a thing of beauty.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/early-mutiny-in-miami/

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later.

The Dolphins informed PFT that they have not heard from any agents or players regarding this matter, and that they have not received any requests for players to be traded.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

this is why BoB should have asked for more.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dak finished with a perfect 158.3 QB Rating. Only 2nd QB in Cowboys history to ever do that.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Cowboys fans will be talking about this game for years to come.

8. Fantasma Negro

Kyler has colored me impressed

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Brady dissecting one of the hyped AFC teams. Goat doing Goat things.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yaaaawnnn.

Will these mother****ers die already?

I hope Antonio Brown infects that locker room with cancer.

11. conquistador#11

watch him win the walter payton award. =(

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zero hype team beats all hype team

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get what your saying, I guess mainly because I don’t understand how he got widely regarded from fans and media as better than deshaun Watson? Makes no sense he wasn’t better in any stat.

But

I do find the stuff he says funny and he is entertaining with the stuff that comes out his mouth.

Almost like prime Conor Mcgregor 4 years ago, it’s disrespectful but it’s pretty damn hilarious. Although mcgregor was on another level back then his interviews before the Floyd fight were golden and genius now he’s just rich and sounds like Floyd mayweather such a wasted talent for **** talking lol.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kansas City’s Defense still sucks and it will be there downfall, there offfense is golden but when you score 20 points and pass for over 200 yards in the first quarter yet your only up 7 that’s not good.

I don’t see KC beating NE come playoffs time. The evil empire will find a way to get 2-3 stops and pull ahead. Freaking grandpa Brady seems to have more weapons than ever and they didn’t even had Brown out there yet. There run game is strong there Oline is money and they have the best slot receiver a top 3 WR and a 6’3 WR that avg 20 yards a catch and runs ppl over it’s just insane tbh. If Gronk comes back week 8 Brady might break his TD record, shoot he might break it without gronk.

Last time he had this many threats he threw 55 TDs and 5000 yards, I see another MVP coming his way this year.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I get the connection, but Conor was at the top of his sport talking that hot sh*t. And say what you want about Floyd, but he talks sh*t and wins. There is nothing better than an athlete, Hero or Heel, that can talk and back it up. That is fun to watch.

Baker's bravado is infectious, I agree. It's funny, I can't lie about that at all. He has a great story too. But he's talking but still losing. I recognize I'm hating hard. I just get annoyed because we know if Watson acted in that manner people would have something to say.

Baker hasn't done anything in the league and homie has Progressive commercials (playing during other games) and Hulu commercials and was included in a fun commercial that was presented at some award show highlighting the greats, current greats and upcoming greats. Watson, who had a fantastic year, was left out it.

smh. I hope Watson can get this win on Monday.

16. likestohypeguy

I had a lot of fun watching him last season, and picking up right where he left off yesterday. Im a fan. But seems like everyone is kind of tiptoeing around Pat mahomes superfluous no-looks. He is so incredible obviously, you will gladly take whatever bad with all the great he brings, but does not put him above this criticism- a couple of those were completely unnecessary, to already wide open targets, that sailed over receiver/te's head.

I dont remember who had a slight eye roll in a post game show, but wouldn't verbalize it. Fouts I think it was had a funny line when the play by play guy was in wonder over (missed) "the no look!"... "yeah, no-look, no-catch, no-td"... everyone else just chuckled it off, maybe all that's necessary and I'm tripping. But can you just pick your spots for those, just a little more judiciously?

This is hating right, I'm a hater?

& the stuff that goes into it...

[​IMG]

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steelers trade QB Josh Dobbs to Jacksonville for a 5th

18. likestohypeguy

Aaah they did burn him on "C'MON MAN!" for one of them he no-looked over kelce's head!

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wrong thread

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Baker ain’t no Conor or Floyd.

I’m fans of both of them.

I’m a boxing guy I only watch mma when Conor is fighting he’s prime time I don’t care what anyone says the proof is in the ppv buys and the money.

But Floyd really calmed his trash talk down when he signed his big 6 fight showtime deal when he was fighting on hbo he was classic with his antics but Conor was still in another level when it comes to the trash talk he’s the best I’ve ever seen.

And he backed it up especially at feather weight he beat everyone why he’s not considered the best ever at featherweight blows my mind when he beat the breaks off Holloway and aldo who are the two guys considered the best.