1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL players you respect

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tierre_brown, Nov 23, 2010.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Not just the way they go about their business, but the person behind the facemask.

I'm sure Mike Vick will get a lot of support here after going through the very public dogfighting thing and then coming back not just as a better QB, but as a changed person...

But after watching this interview with Ray Lewis about the murder charges he faced, I gotta say I respect him as a person.

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo sports/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23037542&shareUrl=http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Graham_Bensinger_InDepth/23037542&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo sports/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23037542&shareUrl=http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Graham_Bensinger_InDepth/23037542&"></embed></object></div>

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I respect that they were able to turn their life around, but I don't respect them as people.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Vince Young

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Andre Johnson

A. Foster

Not a chance....Vick would be one of the LAST players I'd have any respect for.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I actually respect that he was able to come back after all that self- inflicted adversity. How many guys would have just given up? It doesn't change what he did, but he still overcame a heck of a lot.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I hear a lot of "I respect vick the player, but not vick the person" being used as the safest way of saying it.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

completely agree. The guy has become a much better player since being locked up, but I still have zero respect for him.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Andre Johnson, the guy is a class act in league full of selfish and immature superstars.

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I see some people saying they can't respect Vick as a person well I can. Dude went to jail got out and seen like a much better person. Over half the people that go to jail and get out don't learn a damn thing. They have a attitude like **** the world I don't care about **** Vick look like he's far from that so that's a person I can give my respect to.

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'd respect Vick as a player and person.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Respect Vick for the simple fact that he went through so much, did his time and has comeback a better player and seemingly a better person despite still having large swaths of people against him.

I respect Randall Cunningham. He was Vick in the late 80s, early 90s. Never got the respect that he deserved in my opinion.

Donovan McNabb simply because he did so much with so little while being one of the most scrutinized players in the past decade. As somebody on the board said before, backup quarterbacks get treated better and have more leeway than McNabb.

Warrick Dunn did a lot for his family, raising them after his mother was gunned down. He setup a foundation to help families in similar situations.

14. Landlord Landry

Peyton Manning, Tony Gonzales, Andre Johnson.

tis all.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

was just about to say Ray Lewis but London Fletcher is on that very short list.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Ladainian Tomlinson

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

as much of a bad ass he is on the field the guy is pretty humble and down to earth off the field

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Gates is humble as can be.

Also respect AJ and Megatron. Both are the anti TO and Chad.

19. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Ray Childress for clobbering big city prices.