1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Owners Discussions on national anthem policy

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by edwardc, May 22, 2018.

?

Which policy would be best for all

1. Allow each team to implement its own policy

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Clear the field of all football personnel while the anthem is played

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  3. Instruct players who don't want to stand to remain in the locker room while the anthem is played

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Impose penalties on teams and players who do not stand, including a 15-yard penalty and/or fines

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Add contract language that requires players to stand

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Leave the current policy in place

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

While they play the Anthem they should show pics or video of all the people killed by the US in all the different countries in the past year.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty messed up. I don't like war, but I support our troops, and all the heroes who have fought and lost their lives protecting our freedoms, and our country. The USA would be as crime ridden and corrupt as Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala if we didn't have a military to protect us from being taken over by far more corrupt rulers. People are fleeing those countries to come here, even if the risk could be deadly, because to stay where they are is a life of violence, terror, and poverty. I don't think the NFL should have ever been paid to play the anthem in the first place. If the NFL wants to support our troops, or play the anthem, then they should simply do it out of pride and respect.

deadlybulb and raining threes like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes in a way it is messed up to say that. As if I am crapping on the people that are in the military. That’s not my intention though.

I could get deep into this discussion. Which is really the one way to delve into something this complicated.

The U. S. Does a lot right. In my humble opinion they also do some wrong in the world, which is perhaps the only way can possible to do it when looking out for your own best interests. I don’t know.

Regardless, thank you for being respectful in your reply.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The Milwaukee bucks player was not very smart (IOW, he was an idiot), and he did much to bring that situation upon himself. ("Let's see, this must be my parking spot right in front of the store entrance.....")

That dynamic is repeated throughout many of these police interactions that everyone is talking about.