1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New blog post on how amazing Jeff Green has been for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by foggy94, Aug 6, 2020.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

As some of you may have been following, I've been blogging film breakdown of each game in Orlando so far. I started on a post about the Blazers game, but while researching I found how that Jeff Green has been the best at rim finisher in the entire NBA so far for Houston. He's converted 73.3% of his 'close' shots according to 82games.com. Basically paint shots that aren't dunks. Capela, for what it's worth, was at 48.2% this season.

His play has been vital for beating the Harden traps. Give him the ball in the middle and he's getting a dunk or a layup. Anyway, I wrote about it here. Hopefully there's more to come tonight!

https://www.teaandrockets.com/post/bubble-science-game-3-in-which-we-stan-jeff-green

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Ahem.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude has been a revelation. Could not be playing better.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Let’s see if he brings it for a whole series in the playoffs. Preferably more than one series.

Golden State had Klay and Draymond (better version of today’s Draymond).

Toronto had Siakam. Van Vleet had a hell of a finals series. Marc Gasol was so critical in the Eastern Conference rounds.

What’s the ultimate goal here?

EG is our third best player and our best chance to be a 3rd star on a championship run. And he will be coming off an injury. Sketch.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jeff is a POS

7. Mr. Space City

“They” told me he was inconsistent....

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

He's definitely skilled and fits like a glove with what the Rockets are wanting to do, he can do a bit of everything offensively. Good blog post that highlights the various facets Green brings.

Deckard, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

"They" were idiots.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exhibit "they".

MorningZippo likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Loved your write up Foggy! Excellent examples of Jeff's versatility and efficiency.

Jeff's chemistry with Harden (and Russ) is from their early years in OKC but it is amazing how MDA's system has unlocked him, finally.

And while I was one of the many posters on CF who advocated signing him, I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly he has been assimilated into the team and how integral he has been to our success.

How MDA utilizes Green is exactly how I envisioned Aaron Gordon's fit on the Rockets. Jeff Green functions as a true smallball 5 on offense. PJ is only a smallball 5 on defense and the primary roller and lob threat in current starting 5 is House.

But Jeff is 6'8 so can survey the court better among a crowd of defenders and at 235 is strong enough to take contact and still explosive enough to finish strong at the rim. Jeff's 7'1 wingspan is also helpful.

Looking forward to your next spotlight player and analysis.

Deckard, DeBeards, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

All the Jeff Green naysayers should really read this analysis, it will blow away your biases and preconceptions.

@Zoplicone

DeBeards, don grahamleone and amaru like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Glad I was rooting for him even before he got here. So many nay-sayers back then, but these are the types of players you ride or die with. Hope MDA doesn't forget who were successful in the regular season.

ashleyem likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tilman will find a way to this guy walk after the bubble

Nook likes this.
  16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

In a non- pandemic world both Green and Covington know their true market values. They are gracious enough to play for the Rockets.

17. rocketseagles07

To say Jeff green wasn’t inconsistent is just funny. He has been for the majority of his career.

He’s been great for us, and I don’t see there being so many ups and downs with his game when he’s getting so many wide open shots.

MDA is mehhh.. but SHOOTERS definitely perform better under him knowing they have the green light at all times

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Again. What’s the ultimate goal?
    You haven’t proved anything yet. I hope you’re right. But if he’s as good as you’re building him up then with a person of his skill and Harden and Russ it would be pretty disappointing if we don’t reach at least the conference finals.

MichaelSpartan likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deuce and ak99999 like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just admit you were wrong about Green and take your L.

LOL

Remember when I said you'd be proven wrong and you would like it?

Because you are a Rockets die hard and Green helps the Rockets win.