1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] The OA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Now that I finished it, it makes you aggrevated because the writing could of been so much better yet the story has so many plot holes that just don't make sense

*SpoilerS*

- what is up with those corny movements?
    - Hap eats the food she makes him and doesn't come to think that the color of the food might suggest it's got tomato paste lol?
    - When she gets her vision back she could of tried to escape again and get help
    - Characters running into other characters at the most convenient times! (phyllis actor running into Steve not to mention giving 50k for him)
    Another convenience was the last person needed just happened to be the officers wife

Now as for the story, the FBI guy placed those books hoping to discredit her yet it clearly didn't work. Reddit suggested that all along she was trying to die? And that's what she got in the finale?

The best part of the show was in the cabinet with Hap and the prisoners.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i have questions which i will spoiler because they are too specific

Is the kid who shoots up the school at the end in the show at any other point? They barely showed the kid but i didn't recognize him at all

Also why does she call herself 'the OA'. that was unclear to me too.

Finally they show the one super smart kid looking in the mirror and he is Homer. why? did that story arc go somewhere and i missed it?

#22 tallanvor, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To my knowledge, the shooter is not in the show earlier

OA stands for Original Angel. I forget which episode this was mentioned

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

looks boring as hell. pass

5. likestohypeguy

Yes, and yes btw. Funny she's in another cultish type thing, sort of. REally like her. I like this show anyway so far. Kind of like Leftovers x The Returned. I read the complaints about the ending, and someone even mentioned even worse than Lost's ending. THat doesn't bother me as much. I mean for as bad as the ending for Lost was, I've watched the entire series three times. THe OA will have to have a veeeery bad ending to make me mad, instead of just enjoying the ride until I'm not.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The ending was not worth the build up wtf. Too much left unanswered.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Bad attempt at reserving for season 2. Last 15 mins turned a potentially really good show into an F.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Midway through the season.

Story is not bad, I am halfway intrigued.

It sounded like Stranger Things but it is far from it.

Always nice to see Hershell from the Walking Dead again.

#28 daywalker02, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I liked it and it was good for a binge watch over the holidays. I choose not to believe the ending bs. They purposefully left the ending open to interpretation. I don't see how they could do a whole season 2 if that ending holds up at face value but I suppose it's possible. But, I don't think season 2 is approved yet...is it? While I liked it, it was a bit silly at the same time. It helps if you really like the lead actress because if she isn't doing a good job...the whole thing falls apart imo.

I also did some binge watching on "The 100"...which I enjoyed more. I ignored this show forever thinking it was more like "The Returned" or something but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

the interviews i read indicate no approval with creators hoping for one

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see, the OA title character is also one of the exec producers.

Did not see this ending coming, was coming off too graphic.

Liked the movements, also very bizarre dance like.

#31 daywalker02, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of The 100 but after that it just lost me. It just seemed to drag during the third season and just lost interest.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Apparently the person who did some of the Sia dance moves in the videos came up with the movements.

I, personally, liked the show. I take a much more relaxed approach to things I watch though I think. I'm far less critical than my bro who seems to dislike shows for dumb reasons.
    He was critical of Westworld b/c when Maive and them were breaking out, the security guards sucked at their job haha.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it depends heavily on what genres you like.

I for one love supernatural, scif fi episodes so it is easier for someone like me to follow it.

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

That ending was the worst ending since Mass Effect 3. What a terrible way to destroy the buildup.

16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I enjoyed it through maybe the 5th episode then things went bad. It was weird but oddly interesting but then the goofy as hell movements became a thing. Dance magic...

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The first 1 1/2 episodes are great. Interesting reading the comments here.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Anyone else crack up at the final scene in the cafeteria? It was a good build up, but I couldn't help but laugh with what they were doing. I kept thinking, "Is nobody there going to comment on what just happened?!"

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member