1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] The Haunting of Hill House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Damn good show. Steve is a great main character, the other family members are each interesting to a degree, the mystery of the house keeps you hooked.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My 19 YO daughter and I watch a lot of horror together. We finished this on Tuesday-- her second time through. It's a spectacle for sure. I'm a big fan of the original movie from the 60s.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This has been out for only a week or two. And she has watched it twice already?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is this 1 season? 1 and done. Or ongoing? I'm not to the end yet. I hope it's one and done.

5. conquistador#11

I knew the characters' names and stairwell seemed familiar! Doh. I didn't realize it was based on the 60s film til your post.
    The 1999 remake movie was terrible even if zeta jones was stellar in it and by stellar I mean she made out with another lady.

fba34 likes this.
  6. giddyup

In the original, Theo was the spinster who was enamored of the house and went back to it as I recall and Hugh Crane was the previous owner from an earlier century rather than the father of the brood...

7. giddyup

YEP! I think she sailed through it most of one weekday when she was off and then she and I watched it over 3 or 4 viewing sessions. She could write books on the Harry Potter movies and the Twilight Saga and now probably The Haunting of Hill House. She and I like the horror genre....

8. jcf

jcf Member

I'm half way through and love the show.

But, I have been thinking Murder House the entire time too. Much better in my opinion.

9. Remix

Remix Member

Had to stop about 80% through episode 1. Im a giant p***y when it comes to horror/supernatural stuff. It was just too much for me lol

10. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, as it goes along it gets more and more like Murder House. I agree its better, but idk the fact that they copied so much from it dings it in my book. Idk, it just felt like I had seen all of it before towards the end.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Good show that needs a better name. The name sounds like a thousand generic horror titles.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just finished. Netflix nailed this one. Very good show. A must watch.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Great show...I'm half way thru...can't wait to watch the rest.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Just finished the season tonight. Loved it. I’d say this might be the best traditions horror tv series out. Only complaint I might have was the ambiguity of the timeline jumps at times, but that doesn’t take away from what made the show great for me. Interesting, likeable characters. The slow reveal of everyone’s unique role to the story. The slow unveiling of what the house really was. Wonder what they do going forward...

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Aaron Rodgers is a very good actor

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even if it wasn't, you could just not watch future seasons...

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I just want a definitive ending to this story. Beginning, middle, end. Closure.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a book ftom the 60's that is based on, though pretty loosely. It's also been source material for several horror movies over the years.

They all reference the name of the book.

[​IMG]

19. conquistador#11

what really happened to nell's hubby? I needed to see the autopsy report. And more of 'aaron rodgers' cute gf, when clean. I thought every episode was great except the last one

20. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Just finished. Great show.