1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix Series] David Fincher's Mindhunter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Mar 1, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Buck Turgidson

You wanna really be creeped out, find audio or vid of Speck.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was saying that until I saw the video comparison above. The real Ed Kemper is da real MVP actor.

holy-moly he really exists...

I thought the directors and actor invented that character and vibe, so was saying Award-winning performance. But they had the perfect actor already (literally, an actor in the sociapath Kemper)...just needed to cast a look-alike who could impersonate the same exact lines.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

just saw one. Dude turned into a woman in prison (hormones I'm guessing) to satisfy his bunkmate.

The Caitlyn Jenner before there was one.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I enjoyed it. I thought the story and the performances were good. And, as a child of the 70's, I liked the music and the cars.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. body slam

body slam Member

If you liked Mindhunter you might also like Manhunt Unabomber by Discovery Channel also on Netflix.

moestavern19 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The actor seems to be eerily more frightening.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Absolutely. Unabomber story is surprisingly fascinating on many levels.

body slam likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

Just binged watched all of season 2 and all I can say is wow. A little patience throughout the first few episode but then it gets true detective season 1 EPIC. After episode 6 it really picks up.

whiskeyred likes this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

Actually not as good as season 1 after thinking about it.. Last few episodes dragged wayy to much.

12. conquistador#11

3/4 through and I'm liking it. I think what's missing or what I miss is Holden's awkward interaction with the girl he was seeing. Instead, they replaced that storyline with Wendy's awkwardness with her partner. It doesn't feel the same. I also thought Manson have more than an episode. The time line is confusing also. I don't remember in what year the first season ended in.
    In real life, Is there any chance Wayne Williams didn't do it?

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This show issss gooooooooooooooooooood

14. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Just finished it. Really great an one of the most well made and acted shows Netflix has going.

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Think she’s a good character but feel it was because they didn’t give her enough to do on the work side to make the balance of personal stuff matter as much. Or at least it didn’t flow as well.

16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wife and I binged it Friday and yesterday and enjoyed it. I’ve also read the book that inspired it and it was interesting to see what they kept and what they changed. In reality, the case had a major effect on the person who inspired Holden’s character.

It also inspired me to read up a bit more of the Atlanta Child Murders, during which I found that they just reopened the cases last spring and that apparently there was another strong suspect early on. Like the characters in the series, I’m of the mind that not all the murders were committed by the same person (though many if not most were).

I did feel that the most compelling part of the series - the interviews with the convicted killers - didn’t get as much screen time this season. But in terms of the overall story, that made sense given that the theme of this season was applying their research and methods to a live case (and dealing with all the egos and politics that accompany a high profile case).

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

We nearly finished the whole 2nd season yesterday, half way through episode 9. I’ve really enjoyed this season, maybe more than the first one by a tad bit.

It’s pretty crazy how they find actors that resemble their real life counterparts…..

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

After all the in-season build up, the big moment with Charles Manson was so intense. I swear my wristwatch stopped working.

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I watched the first 4 episodes over the weekend in Colorado, and suffice it to say, was high af. Watching David Fincher high af just gives you another level of appreciation of it. The mood, the music, the lighting, the acting, etc. Kind of scary in some ways.

Great show. So far, liking season 1 better, but great show.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Good stuff - Finish it and then listen to the Atlanta Monster podcast if you haven’t already