1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Narcos season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 19, 2017.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Looking forward to finally checking this out, hopefully this weekend!

Glad to hear it's solid quality and I think it was a good move to go back in time instead of forward.....

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the rare show that gets better with each season, best thing Netflix has done imo

One criticism, you can think the Drug War is bad without impugning people's motives.

There can be a genuine desire to stop the inflow of drugs borne out of a concern for human welfare.

This show makes it seem as if everyone in leadership is either corrupt or politically motivated.

3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

If it's anything I learned from the shows, I blame the on-going drug war on George H.W. Bush and Reagan. I think Narcos Mexico is actually better than the original.

cheke64 likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

but they were just reflecting popular will. lots of people still want drugs outlawed and strong interdiction efforts, for genuine humanitarian (if misguided) reasons

you never see that argument presented on the show

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that was really good. ****ing corrupt bastards doing Kiki like that.

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah it was. Truly sad. Even knowing what happens to Kiki, it was all suspenseful and compelling.

Another interesting note, unlike some of the previous seasons, a lot of what happened was true. Like Kiki going undercover to find the mar1juana fields, him being abducted while on his way to meet his wife, and all of the tragic stuff after.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

sigh

8. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Ep4 is full of fan service, lol!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It was a good start for this series and I enjoyed it overall. We probably wont see Chapo rise to power until at least Season 3. Granted we only see a skewed version of the story, it certainly makes me appreciate our government compared to those in Central and South America.

I did not like Michael Pena casted as Kiki. It was a very weak actor considering he was suppose to be one of the strongest. I had a hard time taking him serious.

I feel the original Narcos didn't do justice on how brutal the drug wars really were. I hope future seasons will show how bad it was in Mexico.

TMac'n likes this.
  10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

How do non-Spanish speakers feel about this season? I felt like it was a lot more Spanish then before. I will say, some of the captions definitely did not match what was said. I can't recall specifically but some of that stuff was off.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I didnt want to mention it, but it was a massive handicap for the show. I understand they want an authentic feel to the show. 10 hours of subs (sometimes out of sync) is a bit much.

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, I would get annoyed. I get the feeling next season will be more in english.

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I was also not a fan of Michael Peña's acting. Other than that, this season was awesome. Glad they went this route with the series.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Even if you speak spanish you will still be reading the captions. Felix the actor has a non-mexican accent and I couldnt understand him most of the time.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Diego Luna is as Mexican as it gets. Lol

GRENDEL and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was pretty good. More drama/investigation than action in this season. I enjoyed it, but I probably liked Escobar's story more.

Did they have any tribute to the scout that died? I can't seem to find any article about him since the murder.

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Maybe too-Mexican of an accent? He's from Mexico.

GRENDEL and JumpMan like this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I finished it up last night, really enjoyed this season. Show keeps getting better and better, looking forward to next season.....its been renewed this week.....