1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC News] Dem Congressman calls for gun confiscation and nuking gun owners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

3. HTM

HTM Member

Hard to imagine any type of legislation calling for widespread gun confiscation being successful and with 400 - 600 million guns already out there it's hard to imagine these mass shootings ending any time soon. If you truly want a gun, it can't be that hard to acquire one.

Seems like its just a new fact of life.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Unlike thread title, he never called for nuking gun owners. He pointed out, in hyperbolic language, that the government will always out-gun the individual citizen, and he's correct about that.

he also called to have a sit-down conversation, saying he's sure they could find common ground. That part doesn't make for a very good click-bait though. And so we keep chasing our tails.

Pizza_Da_Hut and arkoe like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

Why are we posting articles from 6 months ago and acting like it's new news?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, here's another view: "How quickly Democrats went from 'we only want sensible restrictions to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the insane' to 'we will nuke your ass if you don’t hand over your weapons' ” :p

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/..._l2VvZ9ZqkBMISo5g1P4U6Vz32NsdCfzYn-gwvxmJYtuo

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps Democrats are getting frustrated by the lack of ANY willingness to address the gun crime problem (beyond the issuance of "thoughts and prayers")? But the real answer... Democrats are still seeking reasonable solutions and Swalwell was asking for people to come to the table to discuss.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hate fake slanted news so when I want my news to be non partisan and trustworthy I go to Legal Insurrection dot com! Or the National Review...

mdrowe00, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

mdrowe00 and AleksandarN like this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are either disingenuous or really just stupid. I think in this case you are probably just playing stupid.

He didn't say "We will nuke you if you don't give us your guns"

He was saying, "If you are afraid of the gov't declaring war on you if you don't have your assault weapons, you might want to know the gov't has nukes which your puny assault rifle ain't going to stop"

Eliminating guns that are designed to kill 20-30 people in a few minutes, guns that are essentially WMD - is not tyranny any more than preventing people from making bombs or buying surface to air missiles.

Where do you draw the line with ordinance? Is it unreasonable to limit the firepower a citizen should be allowed to have? If not where do you draw that line?

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Threatening people with violence should guarantee a sit down conversation.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Liberals are a ****ing joke.

Nook likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

Many don't know, that city hall has a fallout shelter. OP you should contact asap.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Slow day in the D&D I guess.

Oh wait. Some nut decided to shoot some people in a hospital. Just another day in the D&D I guess.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I used to sell guns for a sort of living. I never discussed my politics, which means they all assumed I was "one of them". For like 25% of customers, all i ever heard come out of their mouths was threats about what they were going to do to Obama and the evil liberals and their fascist police state. For the super political NRA types that were loud and proud about Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, threatening people is like their shared language. Obama this, Jade Helm that, gonna shoot the damn liberals when they come fer my guns, blah blah, blah. I think the loudest ones would actually be the biggest pussycats if push came to shove, honestly. As it turns out, the people who later turned out to be "bad hombres" that the ATF investigated were super bland and drove dorky little subcompact cars, looked like the IT guy, and never said a single memorable thing.

But my point is, I dont think super political NRA cheering section type gun owners should really be complaining about threats, lest attention turns back on them and their "tough talk".

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you actually read what was going on? The congressman didn't threaten anyone with violence. He pointed out that if gun owners use violence they won't win.

Or were you pointing out that the gun owners sometimes threaten the govt. with violence?

Amiga likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here you go. I say let's nuke all the gun owners, and we can help save the planet at the same time!! win-win.

TRIGGER WARNING: I know this article is from 2011, which some of you will hate. But . . . think of the children.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, it's certainly true. The term Nuclear Winter comes to mind.

Not sure many people will be around to enjoy the weather though...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Only way to save us from natural Global Warming is human induced climate change!

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't worry, the people that matter will have their expensive fallout shelters prepared to carry on the human race.