1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

So i have had three consecutive seasons, and obviously NBA2k18 updates the roster.. but here is what happened..

Season 1
    Rockets 71-11 Harden/Paul played 79 games each Capela 77 and Eric Gordon 59
    Warriors 67-15 all four players played above 75 games
    Raptors 61-21
    Celtics 60-22
    Cavs 50-32
    rox beat warriors in 6 and swept the raptors

Second season
    Rockets 67-15 Harden 71 games Paul 73 games Capela 81 EG 75
    Warriors 64-18 Steph 65 games KD/Klay 82 games Dray 72 games
    Raptors 63-19
    Celtics 59-23
    Cavs 48-34
    Warriors won in 7 in western confrence and beat celtics in 6

Third season
    Rox 72-10 Harden 77 games Paul/Capela 82 games EG 79 games
    Warriors 68-14 Steph 78 games, Klay 80 games KD 76 games and Dray 79 games
    Raptors 63-19
    Celtics 57-25
    Cavs 51-31
    Rox beat warriors in 6 and raptors in 5

Harden led the league in scoring in all three seasons and won MVP in all three seasons, OKC was around 45-50 wins... I want to know is there an analytics formula embedded in NBA 2K that works pretty close to the real thing, or are the creators constantly updating the software so it mimics the actual standings, or just pure coincidence.. its hard to believe that the records are coming so close to the real thing.. I get the rox not winning anywhere near 70 games, but if CP3 would play near 80 games instead of possibly around 60-65 we could have challenged the 70 win mark...

cerophilik likes this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Nice. Idk how it works with the updates but that’s pretty cool.
    Would be good to do that before the season started. In the middle and before playoffs to see how close the game really gets.
    I’ve seen a couple videos before the season it was during the Chris Paul trade and they had us bearing the warriors and wining the chip.
    One of them they put Harden on okc and westbrick on the rockets and okc got the 1 one seed with Harden there. So it seems the game is closer to real life than many think.