1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Summer League observations

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by glimmertwins, Jul 13, 2012.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...who's looking good & who looks like a bust?

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'll start it off - Thomas Robinson has an amazing skill set for a guy of his size. Didn't realize he was so fast and had such good handles...also didn't realize he has elite court vision(for a big at least). That being said he is coughing the ball up a lot(mostly because Jimmer doesn't even want to try to take on the press) and has had many poor offensive possessions getting himself up and under the the basket with nowhere to go. His body language was bad at times too but that's understandable because they are getting whooped by 20+ points, he has had a poor game, and oh ya, he plays on the Kings.

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

LOVE -- Donuts, Lamb, Jones, Ross, Klay Thompson, Beal
    STILL LIKE -- the Jimmer, Robinson, White
    SHRUG -- Kemba
    HATE -- Marcus Morris, Fortson

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

One other note - if Robinson and Boogie Cousins ever figure it out, they could DOMINATE the league playing together. That's a huge if, but if Sacramento can mold them(even huger if) than they will have scored not one but two of the best bigs to come out of the draft since Dwight Howard.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Robinson upset his team lost. Said he played horrible. I think he's too hard on himself

6. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

MKG is legit.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I endorse this message.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i think Drummond would become a bust IMO

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, that was a fairly testy interview. I like guys who hate to lose - I just hope he doesn't lose his confidence. He felt like he should have been the #1 pick, and then he loses by 40 to the #2 pick after turning over the ball 8 times. That has to be eating at him. Hopefully he is the type that turns that into a positive.

...for what it's worth, I didn't think he played that poorly for his first game. half of those turnovers are on his coach for not adjusting and putting another guy there to break the press. Robinson has good handles for a big, but asking him to break a MKG/Kemba press is a little unfair.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems you didn't watch Orlando Summer League? He was good and showed touch, ball-iq, motor.

solid career backup: Sullinger

Shengelia looked really solid and seems to have the whole package(passing, shooting, rebounding, post) but has to learn when to slow down, rushed on transition.

Same with Tyshawn Taylor, Brooklyn has two solid guys in the making.

Stephenson looked good and seems to improve, expect morefrom him this season.

Plumlee had a good outing, can provide minutes for his team.

Other good guys: Christmas, Nicholson, Wayns, Buycks.

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Rookies - Sullinger, PlumLee, Nicholson had good games. Shame Perry Jones went down early.

Others - Al Thornton might be making a come back. Daye and Lance Stephenson had good games too. Cole Aldrich seems to be a waste.

Looking forward to the rest of summer league

12. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Harrison Barnes looked real good out there! Dude did whatever he wanted

13. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Alec Burks has been the best player so far in the SL.