1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 8/4/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Aug 4, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

2. Fantasma Negro

Wet like I'm Book...

plutoblue11 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Devin devil has arrived.

The next Big thing.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I shared a tweet about the Nets getting tips from the pool side Rockets. then you sarcastically said the tip was probably about the Bucks not playing their starters invalidating the tips the Rockets might have given the Nets.

You then went on to say the reason why the Nets won is because Bucks played their backups. Leading me to believe the Bucks as a team weren't serious about the game. It doesn't matter how hard backups are playing you can't replace starter production.

Now people might think since they aren't playing the starters as much, they have nothing to play for making people think the Bucks weren't serious about the Rocket game. I have already heard people say it in some podcasts Bucks weren't serious playing the Rockets before this Nets game.

What I'm saying is the tips by the pool was not a gimmick and helped the Nets win not because the Nets played against the Backups.

#44 DreamShook, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    don grahamleone likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

now I want phx to get the 8th seed to see Book in the playoffs with that 0 fcks mentality and the way phx is playing now. would be absolutely huge for their growth

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, and he could always score like this but I see he's making more winning plays now. Realizing double teams, moving the ball, working hard off ball to get the ball back.

Definitely has the talent to be an elite NBA 1st teamer.

Suns just need to do something about Rubio. I always thought CP3 would be perfect for that team and that they should trade for him. Not sure how many young players they want to give up for that though.

YOLO likes this.
  7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Speaking of a big problem. Jalen and Jacoby once discussed a rumor about Booker. According to them, people say he's packing 14". Jacoby asked Jalen, which would you prefer, a championship or 14 inches. Jalen answered, there's the score to the game of basketball and the score to the game of life.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

still not following but ok. I'm telling you literally what happened in the game whereas the rockets are at the pool.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

2-3 seed is there for the taking

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Go Suns. Nice shot... Booker.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah im definitely seeing a transition of growth and its translating over to his team. I love seeing progress like this in young guys and the steps they take towards winning basketball

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh wow. there goes memphis for the 8th seed. they were already dropping fast but this pretty much does it

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@DreamShook

I don't know what is crazier, the Nets beating the Bucks
    or that some actually betting $2000 for the Nets to win ANYTHING

DreamShook likes this.
  17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Phoenix has a lot of talent, how come they can't put it, together.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ayton has a lot of potential, still some years away from that though.

That's why they need a vet like CP3 or someone like that to kind bridge the years together.

If Booker takes another step and plays like this for a full season, maybe they are a 45 or so win team. That's good enough to barely make the playoffs in the west.

Ayton can definitely be a complimentary star player but he's probably 2-3 years away from that. So if I were them I'd ship off some of those young players for CP3 just for leadership and for him to be that 2nd guy on the team long enough for Ayton to develop. I think CP3 does have a few more good years left in him, he's proved that definitely.

I really do like Ayton's game, skilled big, can run, shoot, I think he's one of the few bigs that can play in the NBA today but he's still an inconsistent young player.

Also, some people may think it will be too early to sell on some of their young players but it's better to build a winning culture IMMEDIATELY around a growing superstar then to let him start looking elsewhere and everyone knows Booker is all about that superstar/celeb life.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They're starting to show it in the Bubble.

It is an interesting angle with teams emerging that have not put it together otherwise.

I think the Ayton doping thing and 25 game suspension was a blow to them.

And yes, as said, they needed some calming veteran presence and consistency.

They would make the Playoffs fairly easily in the East.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cash considerations appreciation thread? :D

Suns traded Warren for cash considerations.

[​IMG]