1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Navy vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Friday 11a TDECU Stadium

Tv: ESPN

Radio : 950am

Weather: 65 at kickoff

Line: Coogs -4.5

Totals : 55

Moneyline: Coogs -170. Navy +200

Last meeting 2016 Navy won 46-40

Go Coogs!!!!!!!!

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, these 11:00 kick offs suck. I drive in from Austin and will need to be up and sober enough to drive before the tryptophan even gets a chance to wear off.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Game starts tomorrow morning!

Glad to catch this thread before gametime. Will watch

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Navy, and Incarnate World this week, lol. If we get swept I’m going to cry.

5. Poloshirtbandit

Can't make this game. Will have to listen on the radio.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Applewhite got to go. Greg Ward isn't here to turn Major's chicken **** into chicken marsala.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

let's go Houston

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dunbar looked like he dropped the ball to celebrate before crossing the goal line.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Someway somehow plz match up vs UT. Texas bowl!!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just got back from the game, there were more Navy fans than I expected and fewer total fans than I expected.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Dunbar looked terrific. Leday missed a few key blocks and dropped the ball. It was a TJ Hooker Christmas. Solid win to make up for last week, but could have been better.

12. MystikArkitect

Greg Ward should get half of Applewhite, Herman and Orlando’s salary. The kid made them all look like geniuses. Now they’re all playing .500 ball.

Poloshirtbandit, HTR99 and Fulgore like this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree. Had an inkling before he left that Herman benefited from a team he never really recruited. I give him credit for keeping it on track, and pushing them emotionally to the next level, but my suspicion is he really didn’t do much technically and that he essentially rode Greg Wards coattails. Looking at the offense objectively it was almost all Greg Ward for 3 seasons. There were times he was the only reason they won or lost. Literally. And that might be due entirely to Applewhites ineptitude being masked by Wards creativity, Even more, Ward made the whole team look better than it really was as the Wides have been pretty good, but they aren’t as explosive as during the Keenum era, and running game has been less than stellar without Ward. Almost a sideways runnng attack. Greg Ward deserves an NFL shot when you look at the qb play around the league. He certainly couldn’t be any worse than Matt Cassell for example.