1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Myles Garrett suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 15, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

There is no evidence of him kicking him in the groin. Quit reaching and stop getting so upset bc others aren’t. You’re all exaggerating about Rudolph flailing and kicking. Hilarious how you’re taking it to another perspective bc you’re that frustrated of being a drama queen

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who's getting upset? All I did was reply to you with a video and timestamps. At this point, it's basically that you don't want to see it, even though it happened.

You said you wanted evidence, and I provided it. With timestamps and everything. If you can't clearly see that Rudolph's cleat made contact with Garrett's groin, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't clearly see that Rudolph tried to pull Garrett's helmet off first, then I don't know what to tell you.

But sure. Keep saying things like I'm stretching/reaching or calling me a drama queen if it makes you feel better. I'm sure that really bolsters your stance, more so than the clear video evidence. I think you're the one getting mad because it's obvious you're wrong.

And instead of admitting you're wrong, you continue to paint yourself into a corner. Might as well go out scratching and clawing, I guess, with the vague insults.

#bewell

#62 Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    TEXNIFICENT and No Worries like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously you got to feeling some time of way. if we disagree we just disagree. its completely subjective here. I said I don't see it then you got in your feelings being all dramatic talking about others are ignorant/blind, legs flailing, kicking, and what not. relax. you saw it in your own way. obviously, if the rest of the world did it would be just clear cut. newsflash it isn't. you didn't provide evidence. its the same vid everyone has seen. the only difference being youre seeing what you want to believe. you merely provided your opinion not actual evidence. there's a big difference

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

A video of the actual incident isn't evidence? lolwut. My opinion would be the text I'm typing in this forum.

I just don't get it. Even if one was completely unbiased, the video shows Rudolph getting wrestled to the ground. Then, while on the ground, he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off. Then when he couldn't, Rudolph extends his lower leg into Garrett's groin. Whether it was instinctively self-defense or if it had malice behind it, we'll never know. Whether it made contact or how much Garrett felt the kick, we'll also never know. I just don't see how you can't see the kick.

The only reason the "rest of the world" isn't talking exclusively about the groin kick is because Garrett's actions were far more egregious. If Garrett got off Rudolph right after the kick to the groin, put his hands up and walked away from the situation, people would definitely be talking about Rudolph in a negative light.

In fact:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...uld-also-discipline-mason-rudolph/4205825002/

https://brobible.com/sports/article/mason-rudolph-plants-foot-myles-garrett-groin/

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll just leave it at that, @YOLO. You're right. If we disagree, we disagree. No reason to continue talking about it.

YOLO likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s all that needed to be said rather than the latter of the post I was referring to

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why would you be messing with a guy that outweighs you by 40 lbs of muscle? Not that he deserved a helmet to the noggin, but Mason Rudolph had a very punchable face.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Rudolph had thrown 4 ints and the Steelers had gotten their asses whipped. Rudolph got fouled (unnecessary hit) and should have let the refs handle it instead of trying to rip a helmet off of a Bear. He's a stupid jackass for starting & chasing a fight HE WAS NEVER GOING TO WIN. Garrett is a Jackass for overreacting and being all time stupid. The Cleveland Dlineman who hit Rudolph is just a jackass-coward. And Pouncey is a jackass for kicking and should've been blocking & playing better during the game and maybe Rudolph doesnt throw 4 picks. It was a Jackass contest and ALL SIDES EMBARRASSED THE NFL. That being said, Rudolph should get suspended a few games for his role and GARRETT should get suspended a calendar year for being ALL TIME stupid. NO INNOCENTS HERE.

Butterfingers likes this.
  9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

A little late to the party, but as a Steelers fan I can definitely concede Rudolph should have gotten a one game suspension for his role.

(Hell, after the 4 INT egg he laid that night, many Steelers fans were hoping for this)

What Garrett did was disgusting and beyond any level of justifiable retaliation, though. Had he hit Rudolph in the temple, we’re talking about a potential life-altering injury that would stain the NFL for years.

He doesn’t deserve a lifetime ban or anything extreme, but he’s going to have to live with being a Vontaze Burfict type player where your reputation is tarnished and you absolutely cannot commit anymore dirty plays, otherwise you risk serious reprisal from the NFL.

Last thing: the dude above being ridiculous and typing in all caps about Pouncey needs to take a breath. Pouncey’s suspension is justified, but no teammate is going to watch someone swing a helmet at their QB and not react. Several NFL former players and analysts have already chimed in and admitted this.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mason got a case of 'when keeping it real goes wrong'

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh this is way too easy....

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

All time stupid? Man, I don't get where everyone gets the hype from, as if this is unprecedented. It isn't...not at all.

Antonio Smith swung his helmet CROWN FIRST at Richie Incognito (ie, he actually did the thing everyone is saying would have been SSSOOOOO bad had Garrett done it, which he didn't)

Smith was suspended 3 games...2 of those preseason games.

Charles Martin Body slammed Jim MacMahon long after the ball was gone.

Martin was suspended 2 days, for a clearly more serious incident (MacMahon was seriously injured, and out for the year...AND he did NOTHING to instigate the issue, which should clearly be a factor to consider)

Albert Haynesworth ripped off Andre Gurode's helmet..and then STOMPED ON HIS HEAD. This was also MORE SERIOUS.

Haynesworth was suspended five games.

Garrett's actions were CLEARLY less than Haynesworths..and Martins...and even Smiths. Haynesworth and Martin caused actual serious injury, and Smith swung with the crown of his helmet, which everyone is saying is sooooooo bad. Garrett did not.

So, is this AL TIME bad? Not even close...and we haven't even gone into what happened on a daily basis 'back in the day'. So, please, let's stop with the ridiculous hyperbole. Yes, Garret should get suspended. No, he didn't even injure Rudolph on the play. If you watch the play, it pretty much looks like Rudolph charged him just to get a reaction....after doing multiple things to instigate it to begin with.

As for the initial hit that Garrett put on...I can see why Rudolph was upset, but I can also see why no flag was thrown. Rudolph was aware that the ball was thrown...but was Garrett? I don't think he was...head was down. So, he wrapped up and tackled. Normal football play. Which is why no flag was thrown. No one who has watched any NFL games over the past few years can make the statement that refs routinely overlook hits on the QB--quite the opposite in fact. Roughing the passer calls have become a running joke in the NFL. So, when one isn't called, it's almost certainly because it wasn't a penalty.

This said, what is likely to happen? If fairness and rule of law and precedent were the drivers, Garrett's suspension will be reduced, likely to three games. BUT due to all the hyperbole out there, and false outrage, that's probably not going to happen. The NFL has long been more concerned about perception than anything else. And there are too many people out there that have bought into the hyperbole.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

People bring up Antonio Smith vs. Incognito as a comparison but when you watch the replays, the force of the swing is drastically different. Smith is more of an underhand swing off the backfoot. Compared to Garrett who took an overhand swing, Smith's is comparable to a slap vs. a punch. Garrett could've caused serious injury. Smith would cause a bruise at worst.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I was just waiting for this. It’s either this or his account got hacked.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Don't know if Mason did or not...but he WAS clearly infuriated, and in that state, could he have said something like that? Absolutely. In that state, he might not even remember if he did (ie, could be saying he didn't, believing that to be true, when he might have actually said something like that).

Probably have to leave it up to the lip readers.

FWIW, though, given that he clearly DID try to rip off Garrett's helmet first, and clearly DID kick him in the balls, and clearly DID rush at him furiously, hitting him with his hands....does it really matter if somewhere in there he used a pejorative? I guess maybe a bit...but let's say Mason did say it...does that justify Garrett's actions any more than all the other evidence? I don't see it. But, I'm not black, either. Will leave it at that and see what everyone else thinks.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

#79 J.R., Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hope they tack on more games for this separately. Playing the race card is such a $hitty and dangerous game.

raining threes likes this.