1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muller indicts 13 Russians for Election Interference / Wire Fraud

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Feb 16, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

WITH EACH POSTING SUCCESS AM ABLE TO DRINK MORE DELICIOUS PEPSI.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Uh, do you really think this would have happened the way it did if they knew everything? They do not know everything.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if the FBI knows everything about these thirteen Russians. We do know the FBI referenced an email sent by one of the thirteen to somebody else talking about their activities and how they found out the FBI was onto them. So their knowledge of these suspects and their contacts are pretty involved.

That being said, I'm not sure what you are talking about things happening the way they did? Or talking about happening within the FBI, or with the actions the Russians and possibly American sympathizers or Trump campaign officials carried out their sabotage.

We do know that since Trump now admits the Russians interfered in the election, he has done nothing to protect the United States and make sure we aren't as vulnerable in the future. In fact, Trump has rejected sanctions that passed 98 - 0 in the Senate.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They attempted to interfere in the election, sure, but their actions in no way had any effect on the outcome of the election given that the bulk of the "interference" was just a troll farm. It wasn't anything more serious than that although it's not for lack of trying.

When it comes to troll farms, there's really nothing that can be done to stop that.....and they aren't really effective, so why hype it up as if it is some kind of game changer that puts the country at dire risk? I get that you are upset that your party nominated a dud candidate, but you aren't going to change that by pretending a Russian troll factory was the reason your party lost....if anything your rhetoric works as Russian propaganda.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't possible to say that it did have an effect on the election, nor is it possible to know for sure that it did.

How are you going to prove that the propaganda put out against Hillary didn't cause some people who hated Trump to just stay home and not vote at all, or to vote for other candidates besides Hillary in the election? I don't think it is possible to prove it did or didn't have an effect so it's ridiculous to discuss either of those conclusions as fact.

I'm not now, nor have I ever claimed that Russian interference was the reason that the Democrats lost.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Realistically, it is. Again, I know that you REALLY want to believe that the rejection of Hillary Clinton had to do with Russia, but it just didn't kiddo. You helped nominate the worst candidate for president in modern history and that's what it took to get Trump elected.

It's ridiculous to think that specifically Russian propaganda was the reason for that given that aside from Trump's numbers, Hillary had the worst likability numbers among presidential candidates since they've been keeping track of them....and it appears that the Trump polling was inaccurate. People "hated" Hillary since well before the election, but even then, there was plenty of reasons to dislike her that that had nothing to do with fairly obscure Russian propaganda against her. It's like blaming the flooding during Hurricane Harvey on someone leaving their water hose on in their yard.

Yet you are currently defending that notion right now by playing the "we don't know" game.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You have no way of knowing and yet ...

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't know are just talking crap and makings stuff up again. I actively worked against the nomination of Hillary.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not playing a game. We don't know whether it had an effect. I don't know it and you don't know it either. But of course, you won't stop pretending or actually even believing that you know for sure.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well unfortunately the DNC rigged the primary for Hillary, who you then voted for.

Okay LOL. I won't press you on it given that I know you are ideologically incapable of admitting it.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Excellent post may you have double apple rations this week.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, I did not vote for Hillary. The DNC acted improperly and unfairly during the primaries. They took steps to address that. Even without those steps, Sanders wasn't going to win. That is pretty much a given because of mathematics.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I'll take you at your word on that....but just curious, would you say that your decision to not vote for Hillary was influenced by Russian trolls?

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nope, it wasn't influenced by that at all. It wasn't influenced by much of anything that happened during her presidential campaign. There were a few things that came out that confirmed my feelings but they weren't the fake-news variety of things.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I was just curious. I would think that would have been the case with most people who didn't vote for her.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

We are just now beginning to understand what happened. No one would know how to "prevent" or "deter" this kind of activity without knowledge of how it happened.

BTW, 13 is a very small number. I imagine, that the actual number of persons involved is in the hundreds, if not thousands.

Sanctions would "punish" Russia, but they would not help to "prevent" or "deter" their previous behavior from happening in the future (recall that they had already been sanctioned regarding Georgia and Ukraine).

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

We as in the general public? Or we as in the United States including the intelligence branches?

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

They tried to give me Popeye's Chicken today. I threw it back at them and went back to my desk with my gerbil water dispenser and 12 computer screens....

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member