1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr. President: ‘Just who the h*** do you think you are?’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 16, 2017.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

My president is hilarious

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, pretty funny to worry about the blood on a marble floor when a man is possibly dying.

You see, this is what Trump turns some people into. As if this incident was something to even remotely joke about. Not surprising- when you have no soul, you laugh at things like this.

So, now, great- my goal was to never put anyone on Ignore, but at some point, certain people give you no choice. Very unfortunate because I value the opinion of all posters, even those I vehemently disagree with like Around The World, BigTexxx, Tallanover, Ipaman, etc. This just goes too far. So, my first time putting someone on Ignore- lovely.

#22 dandorotik, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

sociopath. But he relates so much to the poors and uneducated like RocketsLegend (per him)..

Yung-T likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You will love ignore. Threads will read differently now. No more verbal diarrhea from the usual suspects.

Now if there only a way to ignore Trump and his tweets.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You are disgusting, this isn't hilarious in any way and listening to these idiots laugh makes me sick.

edwardc likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Trump says he created the term 'fake'

In a hard hitting interview...with the father of his press secretary...Trump claimed he made up the word "fake" and that he had never noticed anyone using it prior to himself.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

Trump is a fan of Winston Churchill, having reinstalled a bust of the prime minister in the Oval Office after taking office.

But his bullying tweets against the London mayor, as well as this recent gem,

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror."
    Not good, we must keep America safe!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2017.
    have drawn ire. Nicholas Soames, Churchill’s grandson and a member of parliament affiliated with the Conservative party,
    has tweeted back with a single hashtag

#thenfixguncontrolyoudafttwerp

— Nicholas Soames (@NSoames) October 20, 2017

In British slang,
    daft = someone that is odd, or weird, or just plain stupid.
    twerp = an insignificant or despicable fellow

Soames isn't the only prominent British political figure slamming Trump's tweet.

Jo Swinson, deputy leader of the U.K.’s Liberal Democrats political party, said the kind of “populist xenophobia” that Trump’s rhetoric inspires is responsible for the rise in hate crimes.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-churchills-grandson-calls-trump-a-daft-twerp

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most delusional poster ever

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

While it's nice having a Republican president in power so that we do have the press questioning what he does instead of just accepting it because he's such a great guy and must have the best intentions (Obama), these articles do go over the top at times. I can almost see the writer foaming at the mouth.

Trump is in a tough spot because he is threatening the way of life of all of the Washington elite, so he gets hit with hate from both sides. It is fascinating to watch and to see how far the media thinks they can push without completely losing their credibility with the public.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump isn't threatening the washington elite, he's threatening anyone who is a minority, poor, has non-employer based health care, old, working class, middle class, home owners with mortgages, retirement planners, children who are most sensitive to pollution, coastal residents, anyone who pays state taxes, women of child bearing ages, and immigrants, and anyone with a job that might be impacted by limitations in exports, and all children who don't have a silver spoon.

If you don't fall into any of those categories, I can see why you support him. If you do fall into the 5% then yes, it's rational to support him if you are an a-hole. If you are anywhere else you're an idiot and don't even realize it because you are ignorant of what he is doing.

11. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I keep hearing that Trump is against the Washington elite. What part of his agenda do you see that is meant to do that?

Surely, not stocking his cabinet with ex-Goldman Sachs people ("draining the swamp").

Surely, not trying to pass a health care bill that would deprive tens of millions of Americans of health care coverage, while generating a tax cut for the wealthy. That's Republican party SOP for the last several decades, starting with the trickle down "theory".

Surely, not trying to restrict the amount of income tax deductibles for the middle class (such as 401k contributions).

Is it his anti-immigrant stance? Surely not his coziness with the white supremacists? That would be at odds with the Washington elite.

Is it his deregulation of industry and withdrawal from the Climate change accords? That's in line with the Republican elite as well.

Looking for concrete policy proposals here.

#31 zksb09, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

To answer Sweet Lou, yes I'm part of the 5%. My wife and I are both legal immigrants who have built up some money inn the last twenty years and have no debt. If I'm looking out for my best interests I'd like lower property taxes and low taxes on investment income. That's a small thing though. Once you are successful, your primary concern is being financially destroyed by a major medical event.

Zksb09:

Any decrease in control by Washington threatens the elite. That being said, the two key platforms revolved around decreasing the influence of lobbyists and term limits. I haven't seen anything resembling progress on this front, so maybe this is just more political theater.

For me so far Trump's primary benefit is still not being Hillary. Hillary would have increased the role of government in our lives, and to me more government will always lead to higher taxes and less freedom in the long run. The EPA, for example, is a massive, incredibly powerful bureaucracy that could do 90% of the good it does with probably 10% of the staff.

But I'm a libertarian, so of course I'd think that.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You're still in high school?

14. adoo

adoo Member

Trump's many Executive Orders is not increasing the role of the Gov't ?

Trump threatening to revoke the FCC license from news outlet is not increasing the role of Gov, infringing upon the first amendment rights ?

Trump bullying the NFL to restrict the players' right to protest is not infringing on freedom?

don't just make a "facts-free" convenient claim.

who do you think you are, Donald Trump?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My god.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

#36 adoo, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Trump likely is very popular in North Korea. He and the North Korea leader are the same kind of people.