1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars: Han Solo Origin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 9, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That was an awful Terminator movie

Jontro likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Worst reviewed of the Disney movies, will still make a billion dollars though so they don't GAF

THE FORCE AWAKENS 93%
    Average Rating: 8.2/10

THE LAST JEDI 91%
    Average Rating: 8.1/10

ROGUE ONE 85%
    Average Rating: 7.5/10

SOLO 70%
    Average Rating: 6.5/10

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I tried rewatching part of The Force Awakens the other day. I don't really get the high ratings past fan boys and the nostalgia... these movies haven't been good since 1980. The only recent decent movie since the original trilogy was Rogue One.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just finished the movie.

My issues going in were the obvious. I didn’t like the Han casting for one. Wasn’t feeling Woody Harrelson in a Star Wars film.

It started off a little rough for me because I wasn’t looking at “Han”. That said, after the movie got going I was good with it.

No spoilers for now. I will say that I actually very much enjoyed the film. Story was solid, acting was there and they produced another entertaining droid.

I will watch it again.

Torn n Frayed and Uprising like this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

She fit just fine. I thought she was actually pretty good. I’m a GOT fan and it didn’t affect it for me at all. I’m pretty critical of anything new Star Wars related and I really enjoyed this.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm probably in the minority...

But I thought this was one of the best ones since the original trilogy.

The high ratings for the new trilogy (7-9) make no sense. 7 and 8 are basically re-tellings of 4-5, just with a female lead instead of a male, and not as good. The exact copy of a storyline for #7 off #4 should take that down to 5 out of 10 immediately. It's like they didn't try. Episode 8 was just odd. The side trip to the gambling planet. The Asian girl's storyline. Leah and the whole thing inside the ship/outside the ship, yada, yada. It was just honestly bad, relative to what it could have been.

Episodes 1-3 are problematic for all the reasons everyone knows. Episode 3 is good.

I liked Rogue One... though it felt a bit similar to Episode 7 for me, and I've honestly kind of forgotten the story a bit already.

I went into this thinking it would be meh. I was not moved by the previews, am exhausted of Woody Harrelson, and didn't think the kid reminded me of Han whatsoever, and tired of Emilia Clark as well (she's a weird one on talk shows, too).

But beyond that stuff, it was just a solid story line. Very similar to the original trilogy to me in that it was a UNIQUE story, it moved fast but not too fast, and was pure entertainment. It tied into the universe in non-obnoxious ways. I'll remember the story line (even more so because it speaks to the origin of things like Han's name, what Chewy was doing, Lando's early days)

I really liked it.

jo mama likes this.
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

why go see the movie on a Thursday, the soonest you could possibly see it? doesn't add up.

8. JayZ750

I just saw it today.

I went to a 12:30 pm showing. My elementary school kids had their last day of school today, which was a half day. As a reward to them, we took them to the movies. It was a pretty empty theater.

Would have taken them to Deadpool 2 ... but they're 6 and 8, lol

So... it does add up...

mikol13 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

saw an article from google about a surprise twist near the end. can you spoiler it breh? pls

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are these from RT?

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

She was fine. I really enjoyed the movie.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

I guess they’re talking about:

Darth Maul making an appearance. But those are exactly the kind of plot twists i find dumb and not needed. Not every story has to do completely tie in to every other story. Just make a good movie. Fortunately in this case I think they did.

Jontro likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man Space Leia was STUPID, putting it lightly... Just Wtf , hahha few weeks late to reply but omg it was stupid

Yung-T likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's astonishing that one mid movie scene can do that much damage, but it did. Can't ever remember one scene so painful to watch.

CCity Zero, Yung-T and Entropy like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh snap. is it the spider darth maul?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has a dope weapon and a Beijing Opera face but that was a big half of his story.

[​IMG]

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I. Sure this spoiler will tie into the next Kenobi story

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It won't. The Rebels cartoon already dealt with this.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Han Solo origin story probably started with Eve.

Surfguy likes this.
  20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm voting with my wallet and not seeing this movie. Maybe when it comes to Netflix or whatever.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.