1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VIII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Jan 20, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rotten Tomatoes first scores: 93%

joeson332 and marks0223 like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

When hamill says "
    ‘I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you’ve created and do my best to realize your vision.'

He is talking about the new movie. Not his limited part in force awakens.

This sounds borderline disgruntled. "Umm I guess" reaction.

Cnn review - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/entertainment/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/index.html

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great F'ing Movie though.

MadMax and Torn n Frayed like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Force Awakens also has a 93% though, soooooooo hopefully this one isn't a stink pellet too.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think the reviews I've seen are all over the place. I expected as much; this new director does new things but is also hemmed in by Corporate.

I for one am glad someone is trying some new things with the franchise. Thank you, George Lucas, for giving us this franchise, and thank you for not delivering us further abominations like "The Phantom Menace" etc.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The real question might be, in what year will we get a Phantom Menace reboot, perhaps called, Vader Begins, and would you buy a ticket? Does Disney have the right to reboot anything?

marks0223 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I would endorse Disney disavowing the prequels and just redoing them entirely. I would STRONGLY endorse that.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Force Awakens was shot well. The acting and dialogue was far better than the prequels but ya, the actual plot kinda was mediocre and redundant at best.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah i was stoked as hell when i was watching it, really enjoyed it since it was much different than the green screen fest of the prequels. but its rewatchability is very low. felt very boring on the third watch. hopefully the last jedi will have a deeper story.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its all relative.

By itself, TFA is just ok... but compared to the prequels, it was oscar worthy.

These next two movies are the true test... the stench of the prequels has been pretty much vanquished, and now they only have themselves to compare to.

joeson332 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You nailed it with the rewatchability part.

I first saw TFA in full IMAX and after leaving the theater, I thought the movie was great.

Rewatching it at home, I noticed the plain and boring plot more so than the great shooting and cgi.

It's a great movie for a first viewing but doesn't hold up in it's consecutive viewings which is a shame for a Star Wars film as Star Wars films are the most rewatched movies of all time probably.

I've heard good things about the TLJ. Primarly how they actually made some bold moves with the plot and how the plot doesn't resemble any previous Star Wars films.

Jontro and joeson332 like this.
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

time to completely avoid all of Twitter/ reddit/ hangout in CF.
    So long DORKS. You will not ruin this for us not dying to find out every damn secret/spoiler.

MadMax likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yup. I don't really care that much. Butttt I have not watched a trailer for 6 months. I did just watch Force Awakens again for the 2nd time.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

oh no trust me Im a huge Star Wars buff, I just don't care for spoilers or anything like that.
    People have been dying to find out weather or not Rey is Luke's niece/ daughter, weather Snoke is really Palpatine etc etc. I want to be shook during the movie.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Got ya. I was referring only to my self. I'm a fan don't get me wrong. I just do not want it ruined by some jackass haha

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

people are nerds man, Im a nerd too but damn these nerds

18. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It released here in Sweden today and my wife and I saw it this morning.

It is PHENOMENAL. When Luke says that it isn’t going the way you think, he isn’t bullshitting. I’m hoping to see it again Friday just so that I can try to absorb everything that happens now that my head isn’t spinning.

I avoid EVERYTHING that I possibly can online because I don’t want anything spoiled or over thought. I am also a lifelong Star Wars geek (b. 1977) and for me there is plenty to love about the movie. There was only one plot line that I was kind of ehh about but it was minor.

I honestly don’t know how they will complete the story in one more movie but that may be because I’m not ready for it to be done.

you sure??
    Ha, no way. Go see it Friday.

joeson332 and Deuce like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Major props in advance to each and every one of your that use the SPOILER tags in your comments when warranted.

Lets be good to each other.

Yung-T and joeson332 like this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

seriously dont be that douche
    also why tf am I still here.
    Sh**