1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’s new trailer looks incredible

There’s more than one Spider-Man out there
    By Chaim Gartenberg@cgartenberg Jun 6, 2018, 10:20am EDTSHARE
    There’s a whole lot more to Spider-Man than Peter Parker, and the new trailer for the animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse spinoff is ready to show that off.

It seems that Into the Spider-Verse will be introducing viewers to Miles Morales (voiced by Shameik Moore) as he grows into his role as Spider-Man, mentored by an older, more inveterate take on Peter Parker (voiced by Jake Johnson) than any we’ve seen before.

Not only will Miles Morales — the Afro-Latinx teen who became the first non-white iteration of the swinging superhero with Marvel’s Ultimate line of comics in 2011 — be taking to the streets of New York in Into the Spider-Verse, but there’s also a glimpse of Spider-Gwen. She’s another popular take on the character in yet another universe where Gwen Stacy gets the radioactive spider-powers instead.

I’d be remiss in not pointing out that the art style of the film is absolutely gorgeous, with a textured, brightly colored vibe that looks like someone blended a comic book with Pixar-style 3D animation.

The new trailer also gives a bit more context about the setting of Into the Spider-Verse for fans who might not be as well-versed in the universe-hopping shenanigans of comic books. According to Morales’ voiceover, the film takes place in “another universe, that looks and sounds like yours — but it’s not.” (So don’t expect to see Tom Holland’s incarnation of the character swinging through the streets.)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse hits theaters on December 14th.

Link

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My body is ready.

Jontro likes this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I wasn't excited about this initially but after seeing the trailer (I still have trust issues with Sony), it looks dope af. Surprised about Spider-Gwen being in there as well.

#3 seclusion, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

fapfapfapfapfap

5. Xerobull

Will Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Connect To The MCU?
    By Matt Joseph 6 months ago

It’s a very, very good time to be a fan of Spider-Man. Your friendly neighborhood hero is seemingly everywhere these days, experiencing a huge surge in popularity – not that he ever fell out of the public eye, mind you – and spawning countless projects across screens both big and small. Undoubtedly, the lion’s share of the spotlight is being placed on Tom Holland’s version over in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but there’s another Spidey crawling around that’s starting to generate a lot of buzz, too.

Of course, we’re talking about Miles Morales, who’s set to feature in Sony’s upcoming animated flick, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. With the first trailer for the film having debuted this past weekend to a great response, interest in the project has skyrocketed, with fans wondering if there will be any ties between it and the MCU.

After all, Morales was hinted at in this year’s Homecoming and there’s been a strong call for him to join the Avengers up on the big screen for some time now. But, at least if Into the Spider-Verse writers Phil Lord and Chris Miller are to be believed, there won’t be any sort of crossover between the two.

[​IMG]

Speaking at a Q&A panel during the Comic Con Experience convention in Sao Paulo, Brazil this weekend, they confirmed that there won’t be any link between their film and what’s going on over in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That being said, Sony’s animated pic will still include Peter Parker, but it’ll be a different version of the character than what we’re seeing now in the MCU, as he’ll be middle-aged and act as a mentor to Miles, who’s the real focus of the story here.

Having no connection to the juggernaut that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe could go one of two ways, as far as we see it. On the one hand, Morales is a pretty popular character, one who should be able to anchor his own franchise, and without being tied down to the continuity of the MCU, Sony can do some really interesting things here with the story.

However, it’s also important to note that audiences may get fatigue from seeing so many different versions of the hero or, worse yet, may be confused as to why there are two different Spider-Men swinging around on screen. Not to mention that Marvel also doesn’t have the best track record with animated pics.

Still, after seeing that first trailer, we’re feeling a sense of cautious optimism about Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and are certainly willing to give it a chance at this point.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Wake me when they debut the Scarlet Spider...

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I had his action figure when I was younger, I thought his costume was so sick haha. I would also say...he could pop up in this or someone else. It is a Spider-Verse movie and they've already shown Miles/Peter/Gwen, who knows who else could be in it. (Edit: it'll probably just be those 3, lol)

[​IMG]

K mf G and FLASH21 like this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

is this the spiderman based in Houston?

edit: nvm. i see it says NY

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will seek this one out

Rocket River

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why is it being released in theaters? Looks like it has the same funky cheap animation a lot of the Marvel 3D animated shows on Netflix have. They just trying to make a buck off of blacks/latinos because of the Black Panther craze and success? If it had Lego Movie type of animation that looks amazing and detailed even for little Lego pieces, it would be obvious they put money into this for theatrical release. This looks like it was made for digital release like any other Marvel animated movie, but Black Panther was a global hit while it was in production and some guy in a suit decided to just throw it into theaters to cash out on black audiences. That's when you get a weak product.

If DC has done anything better than Marvel, it's their animated movies.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is being made by Sony and this movie was in production long before Black Panther came out.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My web fluid capsule is ready.

My senses are tingling.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's what i was saying. It was in production to have a normal digital release like any other animated movie and then they changed it to theatrical release after Black Panther came out. If it's Sony, then i guess it was legit always going to theaters because i don't remember any Sony animated movies straight to digital release.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Will this have a theatrical movie run time of at least 1:45-2 hours?

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It was always planned to be a theatrical release.

Caesar likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because their IP is shot so they have to experiment with different things like the iffy venom spinoff. A much cheaper animation film allows more liberties to get away with.

Black Panther cost more than 200 million to make. Even with a great culture and leadership behind marvel movies, it takes a lot of balls for all white studio execs to bet on.

There's no Process in place to trust at Sony, so this is a feeler on how much they can take Spiderman in a different direction, maybe spin off a live action with Spidergirl or whatever

Caesar likes this.
  17. Xerobull

New trailer. Six Spideys!

B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn.... Had no clue about this movie, at all, til just now. Me likey.

DC should really just quit the live action attempts and just go back to animation like this. I would 100% actually go pay money to see a DC animation movie if they did.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can't wait for this. I am not a fan of Sony's takes on Spiderman and its' universe (Raimi's movies withstanding) but this looks awesome.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That trailer looks like fun but 6 Spideys might be too many.