1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Far from Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

tobey's identity was revealed in spidey 2 but the brehs at the subway was like "he's just a kid...idgaf... give him his mask back"

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The first Mysterio vs Spiderman sequence... they did a way better job showcasing what Mysterio's "powers" can be than the comics ever did. This is the villain that dupes Wolverine into killing the X-Men in a different timeline.

OmegaSupreme and mikol13 like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How did Mysterio do his illusions in the beginning before he acquired Stark's drones? And if these were just illusions how was **** falling apart at the carnival

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

is magic!

[​IMG]

rockbox, B-Bob, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

As far as I figured out/assumed, the carnival and all those other illusions were small time stuff with the help of pyrotechnics. But he needed the drones for the big scale London battle. I guess, I dunno?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

In Spidey 2, his face was shown to a couple of people on a subway. Unless someone personally knew who he was, his identity wasn't outed.

In Far from Home, not only was the broadcast far and wide on public TV (I assume), but there was a face AND a name. So that's far, far worse for Spidey lol

Jontro likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he had lesser drones already at disposal. Or some older tech.

8. elrond

elrond Member

The other thing about the whole hologram/drone thing is how is he programming in the spider-man related actions on the fly? Most of the mysterio related portions are prescripted, but with spider-man doing actions at random, they have to be able to react on the fly, come up with suitable counter actions, and implement them on the fly. Additionally, it's hard to explain how spider-man's attacks get defended against. When he's throwing rocks or whatever, theoretically I'd expect them to be hitting and damaging drones, or just flying completely through the illusion.

I'm also not 100% sure how mysterio is inserting and removing himself throughout the battles. Since he doesn't actually seem to be able to fly, all of the scenes where he's flying around should be illusion, but how does he turn into 'real' mysterio in the middle with everyone watching?

Anyways, I'm generally someone who has no issue with suspension of disbelief, but I do like for the rules to be consistent with the world. If they said he just did it with magic, I'd be totally ok with it. Trying to explain the level of powers/effects with just holograms+drones feels like a bit of a stretch.

The early Mysterio vs. Spider-man was probably the coolest part of the movie where he was just totally messing with his mind. Kinda felt like a batman vs. scarecrow type of interaction.

Kim likes this.
  9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

How do you know the rocks aren't flying through the illusion?

Real version is made to appear invisible by illusions until illusion version merges with him.

#109 Joe Joe, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I must be getting old. The characters are appealing, despite Holland's gosh-jeepers squeak of a teenage voice, but the film felt rather....pointless?

Not bad, but forgettable.

da_juice likes this.
  11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Matt Murdock to clear Peter Parker name. Therefore Daredevil please

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Basically a similar plot to the Incredibles, which I'm sure borrowed heavily from comics involving Mysterio. :p

Not too enthused if this is what phase 4 will be like.

Would think a genius like Stark would understand how dangerous EDITH would be in the wrong hands. My phone has a fingerprint scanner. You're telling me Stark can't come up with some method to make sure only people like Peter Parker can use it, even if he voluntarily relinquishes EDITH himself. Stark already had to know that Peter is a bit gullible. Or some face time scan recognition of people you blacklist that you definitely don't want to use this tech. Like a disgruntled employee Stark fired like Beck for instance that's already been on your payroll, meaning you have his SS#, last place of residence since he last worked for Stark Tech, and a photo likely for when Beck needed a security badge to access certain parts of Stark Tech.

Just felt more loosely put together. Also not a fan of the drone strike scene in the bus. You're pulling off stunts in plain sight of classmates and teachers, and I'm supposed to believe everyone was distracted? Too much thought on my end put in a Marvel movie just trying to entertain.

6/10

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

finally saw this, albeit 3 weeks late.

just wanna say i hate fat ned. he's annoying and the guy playing him is annoying too. i hope the next spidey movie will just focus on spidey and not his kiddy friends. wished they'd kill them all off in the bus.

arkoe and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Good morning, sunshine!!

B-Bob likes this.
  15. itzIce

itzIce Member

Enjoyed the film.

"My question: How did they not know that Quentin Beck was a former Stark employee unless he went by a different name? I would imagine SHIELD would have some hardcore background/facial recognition check before they believed his story about being some "inter-dimensional warrior". "

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not a BAD question.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a scene where a Shield guy said Fury was the No. 1 suspicious guy.

And later Hill or someone else said Fury did see no red flags at all.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

to even further the point, Mysterio could have made them think they saw no red flags.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. ths balla

ths balla Member

And technically it wasn't the real Fury

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought his hefty best friend got a little out of character in this one. Nothing about that relationship and his confidence felt right to me. But so did spidey feel a little out of his element, ending up in Europe. Although that was well played in the script writing, it still feels out of character for what they wanted Spiderman to become, the friendly neighborhood Spiderman. Still liked. But just a lot of pieces that felt out of place.