1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Predator Reboot ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 16, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How bad is it? Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines?

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I thought it was a fun action flick, worth the price of entry if you like Predator or fun action flicks. Where the story lacks the cast makes up for. I'd give it a 6/10 for action fans but only really recommend it for action fans.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'd actually put it under that movie.....

It's goofy, I just don't think that kind of tone fits with a Predator movie....

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

How is it in comparison to the Predators movie with Adrian Brody?

5. GRENDEL

I haven't seen that movie in a while but I remember enjoying it because they tried to stay closer to the original with the setting and feel.

This one is overly jokey, nothing is played serious everything is done for laughs....

Deuce likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The EXACT type of movie I DON'T want to see. Completely undercuts the tension and urgency. Basically makes it a parody. If one likes that type of movie than more power to ya. I just can't get get engrossed in a movie where there isn't urgency.

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. GRENDEL

Yep and this whole entry feels like a parody, I'm not saying it's not funny in parts but after I left the theater and thought about it, I was really disappointed......

Deuce likes this.
  8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I was considering going to the theater for this movie but after reading everything here, "That's a no for me dawg". I might catch it on Netflix or something. From what I've read online it's a sequel to Predator 2, not so much a reboot, which is what I was hoping for when they first talked about this movie but the previews make it look so cheap.

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. Svpernaut

It is a sequel to Predator 1 and 2 in the most casual of senses. They refer back to the Predators visiting earth before, "20 and 30 years ago." That is literally the only references to the original movies.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I cannot even put into words how truly disappointed I was with that movie, the storyline, the kid.

Oh goodness the kid.

11. Svpernaut

That was clearly them trying to win brownie points for "empowering" the disabled or some bullshit. It was silly, for sure.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh I got that.

It utterly killed the movie for me.

A kid can just pick up and use an alien's technology. Lullllzzzzzz

Deuce likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

This is depressing
    They should make another with Danny Glover and Arnold

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This was awful.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd actually be all for this.

Forget all of the other predators and just make Predator 3. Old, retired Arnold and Glover come together. Both are obsessed with the predators following their own experiences and converge on the appearance of another one.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

this review is deep

https://thefederalist.com/2018/09/25/ignore-predators-low-reviews-good-movie/

It’s thus abstracted from questions of patriotism, politics, and the institutions within which we live normal lives. In that sense, “Predator” (1987) was a unique study of character, comparable with Hemingway’s “The Old Man and the Sea” rather than schlocky movies with explosions or martial arts.

In the sequel now out in theaters, all the violence takes place in the middle of America, ranging from the deep state’s secret facilities to suburbia. The change is deliberate and offers an entirely new way of thinking about military horror.

The hero now is a special forces operator who has turned anti-hero, but still believes in the justice that led him to fight for America. His life is a failure—his wife divorced him and he rarely sees his boy—but he has not abandoned them and learns to protect them in this story.

17. Senator

Senator Member

I can see why people didn't like it, especially old Predator fans. Very different tone aimed at younger kids. But I looked at it from a reboot POV and it was entertaining crap that didn't take itself seriously like all good camp.