1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Godzilla: King of Monsters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

May 31, 2019

Mothra, Ghidora, Rodan!

link

"Now we have more monsters to play with," said Legendary Pictures honcho Thomas Tull — and when Godzilla 2 hits, you better believe we'll see them fight!

Legendary held its Hall H panel Saturday at Comic-Con, and though Godzilla director Gareth Edwards couldn't be there (he's off working on some other little movie for the time being), he recorded a video message teasing the fact that more kaiju are coming to his eventual sequel.

Edwards named the monsters, but they were bleeped out in classic Comic-Con tease style, and it seemed as though we'd have to wait on confirmation. But then Tull rolled a sizzle reel that made it clear: Mothra, Ghidora and Rodan are in play for Godzilla 2, whenever it finally comes.

"Toho has been very good to us," Tull said, referring to the Japanese film company that created Godzilla in the '50s and still holds the rights.

leaked test footage:

[​IMG]

#1 Xerobull, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Sweet. Do we also get two tiny Japanese women to summon Mothra? And where's my homey, Gamera, at?

B-Bob likes this.
  3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Will watch. I enjoyed heb first a lot. More than I thought I would.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm an old guy and remember Ghidora, Rodan, Smog Monster well. I even remember Godzilla vs. King Kong. But Mothra? Not at all.

I wonder if the Mothra movie was shown on TV in the U.S. when Godzilla was popular here.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

It seems like Carmelo has been laying eggs in Madison Square garden for some time, what do we need a sequel for?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Mothra has been in 10+ Godzilla movies. link.

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Funny, Mothra and the one I remembered the most.

8. Xerobull

The GODZILLA Sequel Finally Has A Title And King Kong May Want To Watch His Back

[​IMG]

Legendary has finally given the upcoming Godzilla sequel a title, and it's one King Kong may want to worry about, especially as the two iconic monsters are set to clash on the big screen in 2020!

In a press release announced the hiring of three veteran production executives to its feature film division, Legendary Pictures revealed the title of the upcoming Godzilla sequel. Gareth Edwards won't be at the helm of the follow-up, but it sounds like we can still expect big things to come as it's going to be called Godzilla: King of Monsters. King Kong will surely have something to say about that, right?

It's in 2020 that those two are set to clash on the big screen, and that could be why Legendary has given Godzilla the title of "King." While it's unlikely that these two are going to fight for the right to hold that moniker, this does a great job of setting the stage to make their encounter even more epic.

In other title news, it's also been confirmed that the upcoming Pacific Rim sequel will indeed be called Pacific Rim: Uprising. What do you guys think of Legendary calling Godzilla the "King of Monsters"? As always, be sure to let us know your thoughts on this news in the comments section.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Official Trailer.

Xerobull, B-Bob, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is Bryan Cranston going to be in 7 seconds of this one?

tinman and B-Bob like this.
  12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This actually looks pretty good. Didn’t know Eleven was in this either

13. Buck Turgidson

Who gives a ****? Monster Fight, mother trucker, the fewer humans the better.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

$5 on Kong

15. Buck Turgidson

Ghidora has 3 heads, that has to play into the odds.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

That actually looked epic... Like God of War type epic

B-Bob likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My early guess (and I have no knowledge whatsoever of the actual plot) is that Kong shows up to help G'zilla, or they turn it somehow into buddies.

tinman and CCity Zero like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, probably right and exactly what I was thinking, you should probably hide this as it's almost certainly a 99% spoiler for this movie.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

This Godzilla is like 15x the size of Skull Island Kong. I think Godzilla is going to
    Just step on him.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Godzilla is the smooth, wise-cracking monster on a mission. Kong is his awkwardly funny friend with an inferiority complex. Can these new partners defeat Mothra in time to prevent Miami’s fall to drug lords? Or will the joke be on them?

Buck Turgidson, CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.