1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 26, 2018.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Didn't see thread on this flick and they just released the first image of Brie Larson in costume for anyone interested.....

I don't follow Marvel, so I don't know much about the character.....

Brie Larson's surprise Captain Marvel first look has some wondering: Why teal?

Brie Larson rocked it when she stepped out in a Captain Marvel outfit and was captured by photographers while filming in Atlanta.

Then the Internet wondered aloud after the pictures appeared online Thursday, 'Why is Brie Larson in a teal green Captain Marvel outfit?'

The feminist superhero, one of the most powerful figures in the Marvel Universe. is known for the famed red, blue, and gold Captain Marvel attire.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

"Her costume wasn’t quite what we expected," bemoaned The Nerdist website.

Walt Disney Studios, which will be releasing Captain Marvel in March 2019 and Avengers 4 in May 2019, declined to comment on the paparazzi shots.

MovieWeb.com wrote.

"Don’t worry, comic book fans," The Nerdist wrote, explaining they had seen a version of Captain Marvel's red outfit and "we're fairly certain that Larson will be wearing it in Captain Marvel ... But that doesn’t answer our biggest question: what’s up with all of the green?"

Others went full on Photoshop to make the situation right.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]ComicBookCast@ComicBookCast

Here is what #CaptainMarvel will look like when the she has the comic suit! #MCU Credit to Unknown for Photoshop

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-raises-superhero-questions-color/1067846001/

seclusion likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought this was for the infinity war movie

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

is the suit too big? it looks too big.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

It's definitely not wonder woman worthy. I'm not even attracted which is too bad.

I'd say.
    1. Wonderwoman (Gadot)
    2. Lara Croft (Angelina)
    3. Black Widow (Scarlett)
    4. Selene (Beckinsdale)
    5. Harley Quinn (Robbie)
    6. Mrs Invisible (Alba)
    7. Mystique (Rebecca)
    8. Psylocke (Olivia)
    9. Mystique 2 (Jennifer)
    10. Buffy (Geller)
    11. Wonder Woman 1 (Lynda)
    12. Catowman 1 (Pfeiffer)
    13. Gamora (Zoe)
    14. Jean Gray (Famke)
    15. Eleckta (Garner)
    16. Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth)
    17. Catwoman (Hathaway)
    18. Catwoman (Berry)
    19. Storm (Halley)
    20. Agent Maria Hill (Cobie)
    21. Liz Sherman (Selma)
    22. Ms.Captain Marvel (Brie)
    23. Batgirl (Alicia)
    24. Rogue (Anna)

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's a flight suit, it's fine sir!

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right? She should be in something, uh, less cumbersome. Ahem.

seclusion and Jontro like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Whenever I watch outtakes and deleted scenes from Marvel movies, my main takeaways is how off the shelf the costumes can look without post production magic. The aliens in the Thor Ragnorak sometimes wear some kind of cotton polyester mix that didn't seem too far off from the racks of those seasonal costume stores.

As for teal, I'd rather have a gold and black Bryan Singer xmen look, but I have no doubt she'll look good after post-prod.

Comic book looks and aesthetics is one of those things Marvel Studios is rock solid on.

Jontro likes this.
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I fully expect all the right curves to be accentuated in post-production. Thanks, Hollywood.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm not worried about the suit. I'm sure it's something with Kree colors that she initially wears in honor of the Kree (possibly someone fallen)... but then later dawns the red, blue, and gold costume.

Here's a good article on what the story plot COULD be and the ramifications on the teal suit.

Warning! Potential plot spoilers for those unfamiliar with the Captain/Ms. Marvel and the Kree-Skrull War saga
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-move-plot-spoilers-set-photos/

[​IMG]

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Seeing this thread again..........nerds complaining about her teal suit.

It doesn't matter what color she wears. She's Brie Larson. She will be standing in semi-profile the entire movie. (See also: that Kong movie she's in.)

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just realized a lot of y'all haven't seen this (leaked footage of Captain Marvel from last year), you're welcome:

Jontro and jsingles like this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Unfortunately, the leak above is fake, I should have figured that out pretty quickly, but I failed.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brie isn't the classic Hollywood or Model hot, she is just cute.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]
    Captain Marvel Will Be the New Face of the MCU Says Kevin Feige

KEVIN BURWICK

As it turns out, the footage from Captain Marvel that was shown at CineEurope was more than just a behind-the-scenes featurette. Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige introduced the clip, which focused on Brie Larson's Carol Danvers and her powers, and also revealed that she will be the "new face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe." On the flipside, the Avengers 4footage report has been debunked. Instead, it was a clip of Kevin Feige taking about the film along with some behind-the-scenes clips that featured the Russo Brothers talking about the highly anticipated movie.

Captain Marvel has already been hyped as the strongest hero in the MCU and now she's being hailed as the new face and leader for Phase 4 and beyond. It was believed that Carol Danvers was going to make her big screen debut in Infinity War, but the Russo Brothers and Marvel later changed their minds and decided to have her introduced in her own standalone movie and then again in Avengers 4. The larger picture of just how important Brie Larson's Captain Marvel is finally starting to take shape. According to Cosmic MCU, the footage at CineEurope highlighted the character's powers and importance. The description reads.

"Finally the Captain Marvel presentation did feature footage as opposed to Kevin Feige sitting in a chair the whole time, and it was meant to introduce people to Carol Danvers. The footage shown highlighted her as a character and talked about how she would become the new face and leader of the Marvel Cinematic Universe while talking a little bit about her powers and how powerful of a character she is."
    Many believed that a teaser trailer was going to be shown for Captain Marvelat CineEurope, but Marvel Studios decided to go with the featurette route instead, which makes sense. Carol Danvers will be taking on the role of Tony Stark or Steve Rogers for the MCU moving forward, which doesn't look good for those other two dudes. It's been long rumored that both Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans will hang up their suits for good after Avengers 4, so the timing of Brie Larson coming on board is no accident.

While there's no official confirmation that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers won't make it out of Avengers 4 alive, there have been some pretty interesting theories surrounding multiple time lines, which have been going around for a while, but were given more legitimacy when Ant-Man 2 star Evangeline Lilly compared the upcoming movie to ABC's hit series LOST. It could be possible that Rogers and Stark survive, but end up in a different timeline, one that might not have ever had them as superheroes in the first place.

As for Carol Danvers, she will be taking over the MCU after Avengers 4. Screenwriters Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus have stated that Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2 will have significant roles in setting up the events of Avengers 4, while also taking part in the action. As to how all of this will work out, that currently isn't clear, but that's just part of the fun. Hopefully some of the Captain Marvel footage makes its way online in the coming weeks, but until then, you can read more about the featurette that was shown at CineEurope over at MCU Cosmic.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The minute they announced Brie Larson in the role I said this would be a great movie.

She definitely has the acting chops to become the new face of the MCU.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

WUT.
    Jets
    Cp. Marvella puts on robo-PJs
    Jets
    Crowd cheers

Jontro likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's Will Smith?

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol yeah, I wasn't entirely paying attention?

I couldn't edit it by the time I realized it was fake..derp.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like a big risk to make Brie Larson the face of Marvel even prior to having her in any movie. They were able to move that direction after the first Iron Man when everyone reacted so strongly to Robert Downey Jr. But if, for whatever reason, Brie Larson's character doesn't land...well, they've already planned out the future around her. They may have to adjust on the fly. Or, as virtually EVERYTHING has to this point for Marvel, it may work like gangbusters and usher in a new era of profitable movies for Marvel that draws in the women in numbers as big as the men.

A_3PO likes this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, telegraphing something like this is dangerous.

I pretty much trust them unconditionally at this point, but if they are expecting her to take over Tony Starks mantle, they better make this character across the board entertaining and not just rah-rah girl power, which will backfire in a hurry. I already assume Black Panther is gonna be a huge deal going forward, but he's pretty much a straight man as the humor goes.

Losing RDJ is gonna leave a huge charisma void in the group movies. She's gonna have to replace that unless they find some way to secure something long term with Spider-Man.

BruceAndre likes this.