1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie]All Eyez on Me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I trust you brother, I will watch this movie

2. tinman

Supporting Member

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Sounds like a rental/download. Thanks.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

I walked out the theater when he called an Uber

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude what did I just watch? This was/is my favorite mainstream rapper/hip hop. Yikes

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Finally saw this the other day. You've got to be FREAKING kidding me. First off all, the guy who played Tupac was really good. His movements, his mannerisms, the clothes he was wearing. He looked and acted like Tupac quite a bit, I was really impressed with him. Some of the concert scenes where he was rapping and bouncing, he looked just like Tupac. The actual movie though was just garbage. GARBAGE. So freaking annoyed how they did this movie. Whoever is behind this movie did a gigantic disservice to the importance of Tupac and his music. They just touched on the contradictory nature of his music but they never went into it with any depth whatsoever. Suge Knight had way too big a role in the movie. Nobody gives a damn about Suge Knight, c'mon. They entirely dropped the ball. The dialogue and the writing was terrible. If not for all the great music and the actor who played Tupac this would have been a complete zero. Hopefully someone comes down the road and makes a great Tupac movie, even something like the Steve Jobs movie where they have three important scenes or something like that. They tried to cover way too much in this movie as and as a result it was all done poorly. Whoever made this movie seemed intent on keeping Tupac an enigma and just putting something out to profit off his name rather than really telling his story. The next Tupac movie needs to be called **** All Y'all.

4/10.

#67 CometsWin, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Astrodome likes this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

To each his own I guess. I try not to take these types of things too seriously. Music was bangin, storyline was interesting enough. It’s a modern hood classic in my opinion.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

This movie is on HBO now, and I'm struggling to finish it.
    The acting is fine, it's the pacing of the movie is terrible. Also the formula is obvious, flashback, scene and then song related to scene.
    His mom seeing Tupac in prison and leaving then 'Dear Mama' starts playing.
    come on man

10. Buck Turgidson

No idea if this is going to be any good, but I'll check it out: