1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

most ever users online

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pgabriel, Feb 21, 2013.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A new record was set last night. I always said I appreciated yao bringing in posters from China to the sight. The number of users online mark has been falling more frequently with Lin and harden. I hope the trend continues for Clutch's prosperity and more diversity. Another reason to thank James harden.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

even more than when Yao was here??!?!

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Better servers now. Back then they would just crash or Clutch would cut off at a certain point.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yao attracted users from China, but Jamemy Linden attracts users from all over the Universe.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Plus it's a snowball effect. I mean, the snowball melted for a few years but we didn't lose all of the people we picked up during the Yao era.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Clutchfans is the greatest!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You know what is funny. SpursTalk claims

Most users ever online was 6,993, 07-15-2009 at 06:23 PM.

That's a lie. The only thing that happened that day was Richard Jefferson and his wife announced their divorce. lol Imagine winning 4 titles in the Internet Era, and your biggest day was July 15th, 2009. The Spurs traded for Jefferson on June 23rd, 2009

SpursTalk artificially injected that number into their database to make it look like they were bigger than Clutch.

Oh, and just by comparison on a random Saturday afternoon,

SpursTalk
    There are currently 891 users online. (178 members and 713 guests)

Clutch
    Currently Active Users: 1175 (378 members and 797 guests)

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Spurstalk just sucks all around.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I thought it was because of Parson attracting all the pre-teen fans.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Everytime I think it's a good idea to have avatars, in the back of my mind is an image of that site, and a little voice in my head screaming, "Are you freakin' crazy?"

(I guess I should have mentioned that to Clutch when I was pushing for avatars!)

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly. I don't know if it would have hit these levels, but back then we always crashed when it got to 2000 or so.

Nice plug, heypartner... but you're comparing apples and oranges there. Our user count is the number of users over the last 15 minutes (software default setting). Theirs is inflated to a 60 minute span. Big difference.

We may eventually enable avatars, but it will create more admin work (problematic photos used, etc.). I'd love it if it was all cool/interesting/funny/sports-related photos, but some avatars can make the forum look trashy.

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

now if I can get one of those MIB agent's gadgets and flash this idea off your mind.;)

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't get me wrong Clutch, but I mean this in the most violent way known to man..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Moderate it just like y'all do the Hangout... make the avatar restricted to maybe something like what you had a while back... (I think it was Mario Ellie's Kiss of Death...?) and don't let people go overboard. Something about avatars just brings an identity for a user... and people would know how to identify a post from someone: "oh, that's a Mexican flag :confused: ? Yeah, that's SwoLy, I'm avoiding that post like the plague"... and such things. :cool:

I don't think they're all that bad, but some people go overboard.

Just please for kids' sakes, always... NO, NEVER, EVER, EVER let peeps have images in their signature... YUCK.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Ick. I vote no on avatars. They always seem to make the board look cluttered. If you decide to put them in, please put an option to for users to ignore them.

And I recommend not allowing GIFS as avatars. Or Images in sigs.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Again... PLEASE NO AVATARS!

I like that we identify users by the content of their posts... and not their by their avatars.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Enabling avatars is the worst idea. Don't do it clutch!

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I have to agree with all above. I post on many message boards and they all have avatards. I hate it. This forum is so clean looking, pretty much the best forum on the net. It helps having no avatards and knowing who posters are due to the quality of their posts or the ignorance of the person.

Please, PLEASE no avatards.