1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley spitting truth on Harden [TheHerd]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 25, 2018.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

He's saying Harden is working way too hard for his shots and they know it's just a lay-up or three so they can easier make it hard on him. He needs to mix it up and I don't see how anyone can disagree with it. It's one of the reasons why I and others are not the biggest fan of just threes and lay-ups. We've been winning with defense, but the threes have not fallen except for 1 game, so it's time to give Harden some easy looks on some post-ups against a Curry or Klay. Thoughts?

2. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Except the higher ups do not want that. CP3 bread and butter was always the mid-range, but he had to convert many of those into 3's because of the system. I do agree that Harden could possibly get much better looks if they moved the ball around, not just for him but also for the rest of the team. It worked in game 2, I don't understand why the Rockets don't do that more often.

3. Mr. Space City

why do all these ex-rockets players hate the rockets and harden?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cat and Franchise should know a lot about dribble dribble dribble.

Too bad for them that Harden is ahead of their time and out classes them in every shape and category.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden is struggling on his shot ONLY. The narrative is that he is having a trash series over all. I would disagree. Usually when Harden shot is not falling EVERYTHING goes to **** ESPECIALLY the defense. It isn't the case this series. There is a reason Rockets are able to keep up with GSW despite Harden being trash from deep: Harden is still competing on defense. It really makes all the difference..

I'm re-watching game 5. The 3's Harden is missing (at least in the first half I haven't finished watching the game) are either wide open or of the step-back variety he usually hits. Harden doesn't post up, but MDA should definitely run him off a few screens to get it going. MDA has done it before.

Someone will have to hit some midrange jumpers for sure with CP out. Harden is notorious for abandoning moves season to season.. Remember the step back turnaround in the lane that made him unstoppable his first MVP run? Time to dust that off, Jim. Time to use all the tools..

Deuce, Nook, IvanLCPM and 27 others like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a good guest.

I will give this video a click.

joshuaao, saleem and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is missing layups, 3's, and mid-range shots.

That happens when you play intense slugfest defense.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

He's not hating on Harden or the Rockets

Quit being paranoid

Seriously doubt you even watched the video

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Harden took a couple midrange shots game 5 and bricked them also.

They are over simplfying their analysis when they say he is easy to guard and only does 3s and layups.

I mean harden made plenty of his drives last night. If you take away his 0-11 from 3 then he was like 50% on drives. The truth is harden just couldnt find his shooting touch. He can find it for game 6

ramotadab, cbs1507, Houstunna and 6 others like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The layups part is working.

He's working harder for his shots because: (i) GSW has great defenders, (ii) they don't actually have any plays for him to get easier shots, (iii) his three point shot isn't falling AT ALL... this is principally the same shot he's had all year. He's hit plenty of step back threes on Curry for example... but not recently.

A simple change they can and I hope make would be to give EG the ball at the top, have Harden set the pick for Gordon, then pass back to Harden, who now may have Steph on him.

The benefit here is that Harden gets the ball before starting his dribble, which gives him more options, imo.

Of course, they can also just go with more Harden post up, including the post up play where he gets it and then immediately there is a pick set for him.

Just different ways of getting the ball and the pick to switch. Instead of the straight up, top of the floor, try to get the pick 2 or 3 times, get it, dribble too much for 5 second thing.

So its not about changing the nature of the philosophy... just about playing better to that philosophy.

da_juice likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

according to the garm if you say anything negative about harden that's being a harden / rockets hater.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cat didn't trash Harden or the Rockets at all. He just gave his opinion..

Man, watch this stuff on 1.5x speed, it goes by a lot quicker.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He has a mid range game and he needs to use it. CP3 does and so can he. If we're about taking the best shot possible it's not an issue.

tinman and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Issue is fatigue. Harden body is in need of rest badly. You almost wish they could just pull Harden from Game 6 and play him rested for game 7.

Do you wonder why his best game seems to always be game 1 of a series?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Cat is just pointing out his observations
    Saying that "I Truthfully think he should get into the Mid Range"

IS NOT HATING

there's no anti Rockets or Harden thing going on here.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and noppeper like this.
  16. Mr. Space City

the garm says when you tell harden he needs to mix up his game it's hating.

17. noppeper

noppeper Member

This is true. Harden was getting picked on defensively at the beginning of the series and he seems to have taken the challenge head on. It might be the reason his offense has been sub par, but it has helped the team win, which is more important in the end.

The problem is that CP3 and Gordon have taken some of that offensive load, and now one of them is gone, while the other is woefully inconsistent, so I think the Rockets offense will have to be more creative in game 6...similar to how it was in game 2, or maybe just chuck up 55 3 pointers and pray the team gets hot Hopefully they can do that while maintaining the defensive intensity.

macho GRANDE, RyanB and topfive like this.
  18. Mr. Space City

anything other unwavering praise for harden is considered hating here in the garm, especially after a win.

daywalker02 and DreamShook like this.
  19. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

Trash, everybody has sshht to say, we're up "Do what we do but better" will go down in Rockets history just as " Never underestimate the heart of a champion" don't panic, play hard and live with the results.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude, are you too lazy to watch the video?

If you are, please let us who watched the video respond to what really is being said in the video.