1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Postseason 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Toronto fans are trash? Just because one idiot decided to throw something onto the field? Your statement puts you in the same category or maybe you are just scared of the Jays taking out the Rangers so you felt like taking a cheap shot. Guess you get your inspiration from cheap shot Odor.

Go Jays Go!

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

LOL. I'm an Astros fan and hate the Rangers and I will be cheering for the Blue Jays. However, Toronto fans have exhibited terrible behavior in the past and the beer throwing last night was racially charged:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...oronto-rogers-centre-orioles/article32254718/

Obviously, I don't mean all Toronto fans are trash. Can't we have some hyperbole these days or does everything have to be so politically correct? It's just sports.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Toronto fans are trash? Just because one idiot decided to throw something onto the field? Your statement puts you in the same category or maybe you are just scared of the Jays taking out the Rangers so you felt like taking a cheap shot. Guess you get your inspiration from cheap shot Odor.

Go Jays Go!

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I don't know how well you know the Jays scene and how diverse Toronto is, I highly doubt that those racial slurs were occurring by a large number of fans. Maybe some drunk punks that nobody wanted to deal with. I'm a huge Jays fan and have been for many years (didn't invest in watching the games but definitely followed them), I have not seen my team in the playoffs, so yes I'm excited to see them there. Thought you were a Rangers fan so was calling you out in good fun.

The Rangers and Jays is must see television if it comes anywhere close to what happened last year.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I thought your statement was a hyperbole. ;-) now you are pulling all the evidence out. There is going to be trash with 50k people. Sorry but that happens all across sports, especially when alcohol is involved.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You're being naive if you think just because a city is diverse there isn't racist **** going on in the stands. Houston is the most diverse city in the US and have you seen the racist comments about Jeremy Lin and Yao Ming over the years here by people like tinman? Anyways, there have been very bad behavior in that stadium over the last few years. They're basically the Philly fans of Canada.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I think you misunderstood my reasoning for mentioning the diversity of the crowd. It's not to imply that that racism can't exist due to it, rather I'm trying to state that you can't have large groups of racists. It backs my point that it's a small number of drunk idiots who nobody want to deal with, these guys are worthless and don't represent Toronto. Also, these types are there in every stadium if you look for them. Don't make it seem like its a t.o problem.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't think you're implying racism can't exist, but I do think there are large groups of racists in sports stands everywhere, regardless of the city's diversity.

As for the general bad fans in stands, of course it's not just a Toronto problem, we've all seen drunken assholes at sporting events. However, it sure does seem a lot more beers get thrown to the players in that stadium than other stadiums.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

If I recall correctly, it wasn't just one fan last season doing this in the Rangers series. That was just awful. You guys have some pretty bad fans. Not all of them, but there was more than "one idiot" throwing things on the field last postseason.

11. sew

sew Member

Last year, they were throwing trash on the field because of that choo/martin/odor incident. While I don't agree w/ throwing trash on the field, that game was so charged up that I'm going to cut them a little slack. That would have been a devastating way to lose in an elimination game.

No excuse for that idiot last night.

12. sew

sew Member

Madbum vs Thor tonight. *drools*

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hope Jays destroy the Rangers and their measly point differential which is downright embarrassing for a playoff team. Rangers are +8 going up against a team that's +93. Rangers luck will end especially since they also have a reputation for choking hard in the postseason.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm rooting for the Jays to win it all, but come on....their fans are pretty bad. Can't wait to watch them curb-stomp the lucky-ass Rangers though. I want to see Bautista's batflip multiple times in that series.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's an even numbered year...so the Giants already have this wrapped up.

RedNation and MadMax like this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lets go Giants & Blue Jays!

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just anyone other than the cubs and rangers.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Hamels already rocked through 3.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bannister with the stupid challenge then lets Hamels throw 42 pitches and get rocked

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

haha that punk Cole Hamels getting pummeled